Aug. 22, 2010 5:50 am
- Lori Wallach, Director, Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch.
- Conservative Craig Shirley, President/CEO of Shirley & Banister Public Affair and author of "Reagan's Revolution".
- Alex Koroknay-Palicz, executive director, National Youth Rights Association.
- Jacob Sullum, Senior Editor, Reason magazine and Reason.com, Nationally Syndicated Columnist with Creators Syndicate.
- How do we save the U.S. economy from the corporate world trade vampires?
- How could lowering the voting age to 16 change America?
- Should we regulate violence the same way we regulate pornography?
- Bumper Music:
- Dangerous Game, 3 Doors Down.
- Dirty Cash (Money Talks), Adventures of Stevie V (video)
- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley.
- End of the Line, Traveling Wilburys.
- The V.O.T.E. Song (Voice Of The Educated), Gina Rene and Mr.Focus.
- One Headlight, The Wallflowers.
- There Is the Sun, Derek James.
- One Day, Matisyahu.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "Elections belong to the people. It is their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters." -- Abraham Lincoln.
- Article: 26th Amendment, Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.