- Jan. 6, 2011 8:55 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: Okay, there’s some history here, you know. When it comes to like smuggling stuff which is really at the bottom line, when you get right down to the whole thing. What this whole TSA 'may I grope your genitals, please' stuff is about is trying to stop people from smuggling explosives onto airplanes. Or weapons. And that seems like a perfectly reasonable thing. So have we been successful at stopping people from smuggling things on airplanes in the past? You know, white powder things. Or pasty things. Or even relatively solid things.
Transcript: Thom Hartmann talks to Erin Chase about her TSA patdown, more like a sexual assault, 18 Nov '10Jan. 6, 2011 6:32 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: Last night we were talking on our TV show with, excuse me with Jane Hamsher about this. It’s, well, we’ve been talking about it every day for the last couple of days I guess. This is in the news, I experienced this myself going through the Chicago airport just a few weeks ago. I opted to get groped but the line, there was this long line to wait to get groped so they said you know you’ve got to wait 15 minutes because we’ve only got a certain number of gropers and so I went through the x-ray machine.
- Jan. 6, 2011 4:43 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: 20 minutes past the hour. Okay, as I said, we’ve got two choices. Now maybe there’s others that I’m missing. But I think that at the most, at the biggest most macro level, in order to pay off our debt, or in order to reduce our debt, which is brought to us courtesy of three republican presidents over nine trillion dollars of the US federal debt. Over nine trillion dollars of that debt was incurred during the Reagan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. administrations.
Transcript: Thom Hartmann discusses "Inflated: How Money and Debt Built the American Dream" with Christopher Whalen, 10 Nov '10Jan. 6, 2011 4:17 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: So what’s going on here. We’ve got this mess with the banks, this meltdown, the overall disaster that’s going on. The report that came out yesterday, yesterday afternoon. For every one job out there, and there are a couple, there’s a couple million jobs, there’s a couple, you know, if you look at the listings, there are people looking for work. For every job out there there’s five people looking for a job.
- Jan. 6, 2011 3:44 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: Yeah the banksters, “Oh, it’s just an act of God. It’s the way things work!” No, it’s a scam. 1999, Phil Gramm, Gramm-Leach-Bliley. Deregulate the banks. In the UK, Maggie Thatcher, Tony Blair, ‘Oh yeah let’s deregulate the, let’s become the world, the capital, the money center of the world.’ And what are we seeing now? Banksters based in the UK and the US, based in New York and London, rolling all over the world, wiping out governments. Banksters. And making billions.
- Jan. 6, 2011 3:24 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: Greetings my friends, patriots, lovers of democracy, truth and justice, believers in peace, freedom and the American way. Maybe the European way, I don’t know.
- Jan. 5, 2011 7:51 pmBy SueN
- Members of Congress will be sworn in today – and Republicans will officially begin their rule over the 112th session of the United States House of Representatives.
- Dan Gainor of the Business and Media Institute. Is the honeymoon over before it begins? Health care.
- Steven Marks, homeowner (in Reno, NV) seeking debt relief, fighting Bank of America over mortgage ownership. "Honey, I Shrunk the Credit Score".
- Jan. 5, 2011 7:33 pmBy SueN
- Professor of Economics Michael Hudson, President of The Institute for the Study of Long-Term Economic Trends (ISLET). Tax cuts, the new global elite and the new international oligarchy.
- Walid Shoebat, former terrorist turned law enforcement consultant and author of "Why We Want to Kill You". The "business" of fear.
- Max Blumenthal, author of Republican Gomorrah: Inside The Movement That Shattered The Party. "The Great Islamophobic Crusade".
- Jan. 5, 2011 7:11 pmBy SueN
- 61% of Americans want tax hikes on the wealthy...time for change?
- Rebecca Wales, Spokesperson and Vice President for Smart Girl Politics. Are we headed for a major battle with the Tea Party over the Constitution?
- Congressman Peter DeFazio. What's ahead for the new Congress with the GOP in charge?
- Bumper Music:
- New Shoes, Paolo Nutini.