- Feb. 22, 2011 7:09 amBy shawnt56
Hour One: If Wisconsin busts the Unions, is it the beginning of the end of Democracy? John Nichols, The Nation Magazine
Hour Two: Why is America in decline? Victor Davis Hanson
Hour Three: Is Mark Williams the trickster? Mark Williams
- Feb. 21, 2011 11:47 amBy louisehartmann
What will the world look like in 2050? Well – according to scientists attending a conference yesterday with the American Association for the Advancement of Science – the planet will be “unrecognizable.” With a population over 9 billion by then – we’ll have to produce more food in the next 40 years than has been produced in the last 8,000 years. And as income in the developing world is supposed to increase – more people will be eating
- Feb. 18, 2011 9:41 amBy louisehartmann
Democratic state senators in Wisconsin are still AWOL – preventing Republicans lawmakers from passing Governor Walker’s union-busting legislation that will strip state workers of their collective bargaining rights. As one Senator told the Washington Post – “We're going to be staying away until we hear that [the Republicans] are taking the right to organize seriously.” As a sign of solidarity with the 25,000 protestors who showed up outside the stat
- Feb. 18, 2011 5:46 amBy shawnt56
"Anything Goes Friday!"
Hour One: Why we should raise taxes on the super-rich and lower them on the middle class - Robert Reich, former Secretary of Labor
Hour Three: War on Labor - Congresswoman Gwen Moore (D-WI, 4th District)
- Feb. 17, 2011 9:54 amBy louisehartmann
Protests in Wisconsin are expected to continue today for the third day in a row. Yesterday - Madison, Wisconsin was nearly shut down as ten thousand protestors assembled outside the state capital to protest Governor Scott Walker’s proposal to strip state workers union of their collective bargaining powers in an effort to balance his state’s budget. 40% of teachers working in the Madison school district called in sick to attend the protest – f
- Feb. 17, 2011 9:00 amBy shawnt56
Hour One: "Brunch With Bernie" (special Thursday edition) - Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) takes your calls
Hour Two: Republican Officials Cut Head Start Funding, Saying Women Should Be Married And Home With Kids / Plus, "Geeky Science Rocks" - Think you rock Facebook...another species as us beat!
- Feb. 16, 2011 6:14 pmBy SueN
- Are child labor laws unconstitutional?
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent - The Nation Magazine, Associate Editor-Capitol Times, author. Will the Republicans win the Wisconsin war on Labor?
- Dr. H. Gilbert Welch, Professor of Medicine-Dartmouth Institute for Health; Author-"Overdiagnosed: Making People Sick in the Pursuit of Health". Overdiagnosed...are we making people sick in the pursuit of health?
- Feb. 16, 2011 9:16 amBy louisehartmann
While austerity measures are sweeping the nation – and Republican governors like Scott Walker in Wisconsin are going after middle class workers to balance state budgets – Minnesota’s Democratic Governor has a different idea. Instead of balancing budgets on the backs of working families – Governor Mark Dayton is proposing a 5% tax increase on the wealthiest people in Minnesota – or the top 5% of income earners in the state. What Governor Dayto
- Feb. 16, 2011 8:50 amBy shawnt56
Hour One: Are child labor laws unconstitutional?
Hour Two: Will the Republicans win the Wisconsin war on Labor? John Nichols, The Nation Magazine - www.thenation.com
Hour Three: Overdiagnosed...Are we making people sick in the pursuit of health? Dr. H. Gilbert Welch - www.beaconpress.org