- Apr. 19, 2011 4:25 pmBy SueN
- J.A. Myerson, Organizer, U.S. Uncut. Bank of America to thank ordinary New Yorkers for paying federal taxes, so they don't have to.
- Mark Gaffney, President, Michigan AFL-CIO. Benton Harbor, MI - you're fired...city govt pink slipped by right wing governor.
- Eartha Jane Melzer, Reporter, Michigan Messenger.
- Apr. 19, 2011 7:29 amBy louisehartmann
In the run-up to the Iraq war – British Prime Minister Tony Blair called theories that the war was motivated by oil interests, “the most absurd.” But according to memos recently released by the UK newspaper the Independent – Blair’s denial is the only thing that’s absurd. The memos show that the British Trade Minister assured BP and other energy firms that they would be given generous shares of Iraq’s vast oil and gas reserves. One memo reads - "Iraq is the big oil prospect.
- Apr. 18, 2011 8:56 amBy louisehartmann
Democracy is on the march OUT of Michigan. Republican Governor Rick Snyder is using his new powers recently granted to him by the Republican state Legislature to take over a city – fire its elected representatives – and bust up unions and cut crucial government services. It’s part of Snyder’s plan to reduce his state’s budget deficit by putting cities that are struggling financially on a fast track to a Libertarian ut
- Apr. 15, 2011 7:54 amBy shawnt56
Anything Goes on Townhall Fridays!
Hour One: Brunch With Bernie - Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) takes your calls
Hour Two: Latest on the war on democracy...Waukesha, WI - John Nichols, The Nation Magazine
Hour Three: Geeky Science - freeway dangers...not just bad drivers anymore
- Apr. 15, 2011 7:15 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: No suck up interviews, this is real talk radio and television. Welcome back, Thom Hartmann here with you. Paul Gunter on the line. BeyondNuclear.org is the website. Paul, today is the, I have a dear friend who lives in Tokyo, who I have known for 30 years, and we have spent a lot, a lot of time together. And his, in fact his wife took Louise on a trip up into the northern parts of Japan last time we were there, we stayed at his home.
- Apr. 15, 2011 7:09 amBy louisehartmann
More criminals are being named in Senator Carl Levin’s report on the causes of the 2008 financial crisis. According to the report – executives at the bank Washington Mutual were feverishly re-selling exploding mortgages to their clients – even though they knew they were completely worthless. In a 2005 memo – Washington Mutual CEO Kerry Killinger told an executive, “I have never seen such a high-risk housing market…this typically sig
- Apr. 14, 2011 5:24 pmBy SueN