- Jun. 28, 2011 9:34 amBy louisehartmann
Another day – another Supreme Court decision in favor of big money in our politics. Yesterday – in another 5-4 ruling – the right-wing of the Supreme Court struck down an Arizona law that provides public financing of elections. The law was intended to level the playing field between people with huge fortunes and rich friends – and just average folks running for office, by supplying matching public funds to candidates who a
- Jun. 27, 2011 6:08 pmBy SueN
- Jun. 27, 2011 5:19 pmBy SueN
- John Nichols, The Nation Magazine. Did a judge try to choke a fellow justice?!
- Peter Ferrara, General counsel of the American Civil Rights Union. Who's really "playing chicken" with the debt ceiling?
- Kyle Olson, Founder and CEO of Education Action Group Foundation. Student loans & for profit colleges are creating a new generation of indentured servants.
- Paul Gunter, Beyond Nuclear.
- Jun. 27, 2011 8:33 amBy louisehartmann
You need to know this. The impending nuclear disaster in Nebraska just got worse. Over the weekend – a floodwall protecting the nuclear plant from the overflowing Missouri River gave way – inundating the facility in floodwater. The plant is less than 20 miles away from Omaha – Nebraska’s largest city – and is now cooling its reactors and spent fuel pools with back-up diesel powered generators.
Transcript: Thom Hartmann: The Big Picture: IMPORTANT! Boulder council pushes 'corporate personhood' referendum. 22 June '11Jun. 27, 2011 8:26 amBy SueN
125 years after corporations transformed into people - the march to end corporate personhood is underway in Boulder, Colorado.
- Jun. 26, 2011 6:06 pmBy SueN