Corporations as citizens.

2 posts / 0 new

If the Supreme Court regards a Corporate Alias as having the same rights as a private citizen in regards to free speech why is it that a Corporate Alias does not have the same voting rights as a private citizen?

I incorporated. I am the president , vice president, and treasurer of my corporation and retain all outstanding shares. My corporate alias is guaranteed free speech by the Supreme Court but when it comes time to vote my right to free speech is protected and my corporate alias's right to free speech is protected and at the same time I can vote in public elections but my corporate alias cannot ! What the bleep ?

stonesphear's picture
stonesphear

Comments

Nice illustration of the absurdity. The Supremes may agree that your corporate self has a right to vote, based on their wonderful thinking about the corporate revenue stream and citizen advocacy. I wish I had a revenue stream other than my personal income to use for free for "free speech." Why does free speech have to cost so much?

DRC's picture
DRC

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.