Corporations as citizens.

2 posts / 0 new

If the Supreme Court regards a Corporate Alias as having the same rights as a private citizen in regards to free speech why is it that a Corporate Alias does not have the same voting rights as a private citizen?

I incorporated. I am the president , vice president, and treasurer of my corporation and retain all outstanding shares. My corporate alias is guaranteed free speech by the Supreme Court but when it comes time to vote my right to free speech is protected and my corporate alias's right to free speech is protected and at the same time I can vote in public elections but my corporate alias cannot ! What the bleep ?

stonesphear's picture
Apr. 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Nice illustration of the absurdity. The Supremes may agree that your corporate self has a right to vote, based on their wonderful thinking about the corporate revenue stream and citizen advocacy. I wish I had a revenue stream other than my personal income to use for free for "free speech." Why does free speech have to cost so much?

DRC's picture
Jul. 31, 2007 3:01 pm

Latest Headlines

Obama to veto legislation on refugee screening

President Barack Obama would veto a Republican bill introduced in the wake of the Paris attacks to toughen the screening process for Syrian refugees

New York officials: No credible ISIS threat against city

There is no credible threat to New York City at this time, officials said

China denies torturing political prisoners

A Chinese delegation denied mistreatement of prisoners held in police stations and deaths in custody

Why the Kochs Really Embraced Criminal Justice Reform...

It looks like the Koch brothers have scammed us once again.

When news first came out that Charles and David Koch -- the Koch brothers -- were supporting criminal justice reform efforts in Congress, many of us thought, "Wow, they're actually doing something good for once."

And for good reason, too.