Diversity Killed 13 at Fort Hood.

52 posts / 0 new

Comments

MikeK wrote;

"

If you think the System is working for you, give it a little time. The recent Supreme Court "Citizens United" decision has effectively placed all political power in the hands of those who can pay for it -- and you will see the effects of that beginning in November. "

I have no delusions about the influence of corporate power and money in our politics. The recent BP oil spill is a perfect example where our so called regulators are allowing American rigs to operate without a safety devise that most probably would have prevented this oil spill. And the papers law in Arizona would not have been needed if a few employers were put in jail for hiring illegals. Likewise for the decriminalisation (regulation) of predatory banking practices.

But you have given up on all of government.

"If you think the System is working for you, give it a little time."

I know that the system has been very purposefully constructed (destructed) to make movement through it painful and discouraging. But I know through personal experience, that if you stick with it you can get through it and make a difference.

There are still lots of people that have chosen public service for the purpose of making peoples lives better.

It is the difference between simple optimism and pessimism.

If a person has a great idea for a new product but does not pursue it because he is fearful of the miles of paperwork and legal process of getting a patent, he is the only road block in his own way.

I have worked as an design engineer even though I have no formal education in the area because I have taken the time to educate myself and more importantly I took the effort to apply for positions even though I did not fill all of their posted requirements.

The bottom line is that I made the effort and took the time.

I have a family member that was at the point of suicide after years of fighting with the social security administration and VA. My wife and I got involved, and after a few phone calls over the heads of a few stubborn clerks, he now has the support he needs and is happy and much healthier.

I have taken in families that were living in their cars, helped them get jobs and homes of their own. And I might add, we never got a word of thanks.

My point is that you cannot give up!

The system has been carefully set up to be self supporting and difficult to navigate.

The only way to deal with it is from the inside or through the process itself.

Today on the news there is a report about a car bomb in time square in New York City. Propane tanks and crude fireworks that failed to detonate.

Someone put it there and I would like to know why and who.

But in the larger sense, are we going to tighten regulations on propane and fireworks? Are we going to install check points that sniff for propane and gunpowder in cars?

I am sure that some will recommend just that! But that is not the answer.

We need to find out who and why and try to deal with the problem at the source. But we need to know what the source is and we need to make the effort.

You have taken the effort to investigate the Waco incident but have you ever considered asking the ATF what has been done to prevent a future Waco?

You have a right to know as a citizen. It does not matter where you live in this country, Federal departments are answerable to you.

Throwing your hands up and admitting failure is only a a success for the bad guys. And there are bad guys in our government that need to be replaced.

spankycrissy's picture
spankycrissy

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.