Economics = Above the Law

2 posts / 0 new
Feds found Pfizer too big to nail

Imagine being charged with a crime, but an imaginary friend takes the rap for you.
That is essentially what happened when Pfizer, the world's largest pharmaceutical company, was caught illegally marketing Bextra, a painkiller that was taken off the market in 2005 because of safety concerns.

From: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/02/pfizer.bextra/index.html?hpt=T2

And I thought Lady Justice was blind from the influence of money and/or corruption, and therefore fair. Boy, do I feel like a gullible ultra maroon. ;)

bonnie

Comments

"Too big to nail" equals "too big to fail," lol. That's how monopolies in a so called "free market" become mafia-like gangs, I guess.

.ren's picture
.ren

Currently Chatting

The Real Carbon “Monster” Revealed

Another day, another stupid assault on the truth by the fossil fuel industry and its paid lackeys. In a recent op-ed for the New York Post, Tom Harris, the executive director of the so-called International Climate Science Coalition -- an organization that’s funded, in part, by the fossil fuel industry -- blasted Leonardo DiCaprio for his work on “Carbon,” a new documentary on climate change that I helped write and present.