Has anyone read "The Real George Washington" ?

1 post / 0 new
Has anyone read "The Real George Washington" ?

DON'T DO IT , unless you have lots of time to waste . There's also a Real Thomas Jefferson and a few other Reals . Don't do those either . There are no reviews on the back cover . My brother told me of proof that George Washington was a devout Christian by referring to Washington's words at his first innauguration,April 30,1789 .

" Then the oath , formally finished , Washington reverently added the words, 'So help me God ' , and bowed and kissed the Bible " . Pages 520-521 .

The problem with this quote is that there is no reference whatsoever next to the sentence .

I looked up the quote on wikipedia ( not my favorite choice ) and found the words " debatable " and " no evidence " to support this allegation .

My sources say George Washington was probably a deist who respected religion , but certainly not what you would call an openly religious person.

zambezi's picture
zambezi

Currently Chatting

Community Archive

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.