I Really Wanted to Post This Some Where Else;However, Could Not Find A Message Board For Media Acting EVIL.

6 posts / 0 new

America's Most Stressful Jobs 2010- WHERE THE BLANK DO THEY GET THE GAWL TO PUT COPORATE EXECUTIVE AT #2 AND NOT TEACHER AND NO OTHER EDUCATOR FULL-TIME POSITION?!?!?! WHAT BLANK BLANK!!!Friday, April 23, 2010

provided by

With unemployment high, many people with jobs are grateful to get their weekly paychecks, but that feeling alone doesn't take the stress out of the daily grind.

To get a sense of the most stressful jobs in America, CareerCast.com looked at 21 different factors that can cause stress on the job, and ranked 200 professions by how significantly these demands factor into the average workday. Factors that weighed into stress levels included work environment, job competitiveness, opportunity for advancement and even perceived risk of unemployment.

CareerCast has also included a range of unemployment each profession faces around the country, a number which contributes to perceived risk of unemployment.

Here are the most stressful jobs in America:

1. Firefighter

Stress Rank: 200
Stress Score: 110.936
Unemployment: 0%-4%
Hours Per Day: 11
Time Pressure: Very High
Competition: Low

"Firefighters frequently work irregular or unusual hours, or remain on call throughout the night. They risk heat exhaustion, smoke inhalation, and serious injury while on the job, and even the state of anticipation preceding a major threat can be highly stressful in itself. Firefighters are also sometimes required to spend long hours outdoors in bad weather," says CareerCast.com.

2. Corporate Executive

Stress Rank: 199
Stress Score: 108.625
Time Pressure: High
Competition: High

"This highly competitive field requires detailed knowledge of the financial community, economic trends as well as technological developments and implications. Senior executives are expected to excel in many different fields at once, and face daily pressure to make far-reaching decisions that can affect numerous employees and their company’s bottom line," says CareerCast.com.

3. Taxi Driver

Stress Rank: 198
Stress Score: 100.491
Unemployment: 14%+
Hours Per Day: 9.5
Time Pressure: Moderate
Competition: Moderate

"Taxi drivers generally work erratic hours, including late nights and weekends. High speed driving in traffic, especially in major cities, is quite dangerous, and they frequently drive in bad weather conditions as well. In addition, taxi drivers are confined to their vehicle all day with a supply of cash, making them vulnerable to criminals," says CareerCast.com.

4. Surgeon

Stress Rank: 197
Stress Score: 99.463
Competition: High

"Surgeons can be required to work at odd hours, and many operations take hours to complete. Operating calls for extreme precision and attention to detail, and can require quick decision making with life or death consequences. In addition, rising malpractice insurance costs are a major cause of stress for many surgeons," says CareerCast.com.

5. Police Officer

Stress Rank: 196
Stress Score: 93.893
Hours Per Day: 9.5
Competition: Low

"Police officers face potentially life-threatening situations daily. Shifts can be long and strenuous, especially in emergencies, and work requires both physical and emotional strength.

Other possible stress factors include interacting with the public and providing medical attention to injured parties," says CareerCast.com.

And more BLANK BLANK at http://www.cnbc.com/id/36715336?__source=yahoo&par=yahoo.

This is the only reply I have received after contacting all those involved (including those that are financial supporters). What follows is my E-Mail replying back to the following contact from www.Careercast.com representative.

>>>>>Thanks for your email regarding our Jobs Rated report, and please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you. While we do our best to provide accurate rankings of jobs, our reports by nature must be based on data rather than subjective experience, and this makes it hard to incorporate all of the many subtleties that help make jobs more or less stressful. In addition, with only 10 available spots on the stress list and 200 different jobs in our survey, there are always some high-stress positions that don’t get included (for the record, Teacher ranks within the top 40 this year, which out of 200 is still quite high).

Lastly, we measure jobs based on an average of all its applications, in order to give a comprehensive ranking. So while the stress level for an inner-city public school teacher, or a teacher working with high-risk students is very high, it is less so for teachers working in smaller schools, rural areas or at private academies. All these applications fall under the same job title of Teacher, so we provide an average ranking for the entire profession.

Because of this, we are always eager to get feedback from people with personal experience in these professions, since our #1 priority is creating as well-rounded a report as we can. With that in mind, if you haven’t already, would you mind leaving a comment regarding your thoughts on the stress levels of Teachers in our article? I think this information would be really valuable to job seekers, and give added perspective. Here’s a link to the article:

http://www.careercast.com/jobs/content/ten-most-stressful-jobs-2010-jobs-rated-0

Also, if you’re interested on how we determine the rankings, you can check out a full description of our methodology here:

http://www.careercast.com/jobs/content/jobs-rated-methodology-2010

The “Stress” section covers how the most-stressful jobs are calculated. We also have a general FAQ file with some more info here:

http://www.careercast.com/jobs/content/jobs-rated-frequently-asked-questions-2010

Again, thanks very much for your input. We will use it as a contributing factor when preparing next year’s Stressful Jobs report.

Best,
Andrew S
CareerCast.com Support

ref:00D56oWS.50058jfW3:ref<<<<<

Andrew S, CareerCast.com Support, >>>>>Nice shot man, I am not a idiot, like far too many in The USA who read that, and facts can easily be manipulated, as they were in this case. If you do not truly believe this, after all you are employed by CareerCast.com and representing them in this exchange, then take this as it applies to only CareerCast.com.<<<<< Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention I have created a www.Care2.com petition on this-http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/cnbc-careercastcom-slaps-educators.

GreatWhiteOFGWs...

Comments

I guess I should make the following known.

I am a former ESE (VE) and PE Teacher and Substitute Teacher (of almost every subject known in South Florida), took 10-years to get 1-four year degree, 5-add-on degrees and four certifications and I could not take the extremes of dealing with bad students, horrible politics of teaching and spoiling parents, I grew-up with a mother who was a 'At Risk' teacher and now she is a 'At Risk' chair person (after, the four previous high schools shut down their 'At Risk' departments, because of funding) and my father formerly a emotionless, hard as nails and quick to intimidate substitute teacher at the roughest high schools, parents complaints got him to look for a better job.

GreatWhiteOFGWs...

It was in the original post; but the PIC would not show, it was broadcasted by CNBC and researched (loose word) and created by CareerCast.com

Thom Hartmann should mention this on one of his shows, this week.

GreatWhiteOFGWs...

Sorry, if I made any really bad language errors in this thread; however, the emotion was boiling over! Yes, I did contact both companies and strongly suggest you all do the same; however, maybe you do not want to send them the same message (what appears in the post starting the thread- except I used the curse words).

GreatWhiteOFGWs...

I'm no expert , seems like you did pretty good to me, kinda felt your heart in it, refreshing really … Myself , I'm terrible at the jot and tiddle thing, my metaphor monitor is broken, at least if you were to query the community at large. I think if people can read it, and your piece seems readable to me, passed on the feeling or emotion in a positive manner, I wouldn't be embarrassed. (As liquids spew violently from navel cavities, covering computer monitors & keyboards all across the spectrum).

I personally think teachers are under rated, the pay has never been super, if you're in it with heart the hours are long but sweet, so all in all teacher's on list of heroes. (With the exception of a few PHDs (ivy league posers only) I wouldn't mind running across in a dark ally.)

"hard as nails", sound like the shop teacher -( wink).

Well, as a sub- you would develop a broad spectrum observance of future cannon fodder. There might be some pleasure in that realization, a certain type of "I told you so" without words.

I wonder, what the stress level is for a talk show host, and does the point of origin matter, like how FOX might differ from, say, I don't know perhaps Stephanie Miller. On a stress scale, I assume Glenn Becks head explodes in regular intervals, while Steffie is fine until attacked by a box of wine, head explode, drink to forget, head explode, drink to forget.... huuuuummmmm

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT
Quote TITOR RIGHT:

I'm no expert , seems like you did pretty good to me, kinda felt your heart in it, refreshing really … Myself , I'm terrible at the jot and tiddle thing, my metaphor monitor is broken, at least if you were to query the community at large. I think if people can read it, and your piece seems readable to me, passed on the feeling or emotion in a positive manner, I wouldn't be embarrassed. (As liquids spew violently from navel cavities, covering computer monitors & keyboards all across the spectrum).

I personally think teachers are under rated, the pay has never been super, if you're in it with heart the hours are long but sweet, so all in all teacher's on list of heroes. (With the exception of a few PHDs (ivy league posers only) I wouldn't mind running across in a dark ally.)

"hard as nails", sound like the shop teacher -( wink).

Well, as a sub- you would develop a broad spectrum observance of future cannon fodder. There might be some pleasure in that realization, a certain type of "I told you so" without words.

I wonder, what the stress level is for a talk show host, and does the point of origin matter, like how FOX might differ from, say, I don't know perhaps Stephanie Miller. On a stress scale, I assume Glenn Becks head explodes in regular intervals, while Steffie is fine until attacked by a box of wine, head explode, drink to forget, head explode, drink to forget.... huuuuummmmm

Thanks!

The only problem I have with that is that goal for being a teacher/making the teacher happy wears out the more time one is a teacher, from all the stressors (even if one does not recognize it it can result in bad affects on the body- just like being over worked as a teacher) and the realization that one is really making less of an impact, than the reason one went into teaching the first-place. I have seen the huge affects it has had on my once: pencil thin, able to sleep whole nights through, not always having her Ashama or "just" alergies act-up and not so edgy. When I noticed I was not physcologically able to handle it, it lessened my want to create improvement agents nd improve the world and become great FootBall Coach and would end-up a worse person like my mother, I saved myself and left. We naturally protect ourselves, unless we need a whole lot of help- hope those we live in Western Europe, thus I protected myself. Plus, I could not help anyone, if I could not help myself.

GreatWhiteOFGWs...

Currently Chatting