It costs $8 to force you to become a Republican...

2 posts / 0 new

Lawmakers are blasting the RNC for continuing to send deceptive so-called ‘Census’ mailers, despite a new law saying it's illegal. Earlier this month, President Obama signed legislation that passed both the House and Senate overwhelmingly that outlawed “deceptive” mailings that look like official Census documents. An RNC spokesperson claimed their mailer does not violate the law, but the U.S. Postal Service has now launched an investigation. A Census Bureau spokesperson said phony mailers “could undermine response rates and increase the costs of the Census to follow up and get that accurate count.” Not to mention the fact that Republicans are using their phony census form to ask voters questions like, "Do you think the record trillion dollar federal deficit the Democrats are creating with their out-of-control spending is going to have disastrous consequences for our nation?" Phony census forms used to scare voters about Democrats. Is this the only way Republicans think they can win elections?

But wait there's more....Orange County authorities have started an investigation into possible voter registration fraud after a local newspaper reported over a hundred cases of voters being tricked into registering as Republicans by signing petitions for, among other causes, legalizing pot. In a lengthy investigation published earlier this month, the paper pointed out the $8 "bounty" offered by the California Republican Party for each new registration as a cause for the problems.

Thom's picture
Thom

Comments

Thom,

Such revelations cause me to wonder just how much abuse and exploitation it will take to transform those Americans who might fall for such deceptive gimmicks from the gullible, hyper-impressionable, naively susceptible goofs they are into defensively paranoid, uber-suspicious, hardened skeptics like me?

The reason I am so critical of these living manifestations of H.G. Wells' eloi is it is they who are directly responsible for enabling the kind of political gimmickry which has placed the U.S. on the road to ruin. I am made aware of them every day by radio and television commercials for products which are guaranteed to grow hair, remove cellulite and wrinkles, enlarge the penis, lose weight while sleeping, etc. -- all for free!

For such commercials to continue as long as they have they must be attracting a lot of suckers. And I am willing to wager that many or most of these nitwits are seen at rallies with teabags dangling from their hat brims.

MikeK's picture
MikeK

Currently Chatting

GOP Blocks Equal Pay...again.

Just in time for election season, Senate Republicans blocked legislation aimed at closing the gender pay gap. For the third time since 2012, Republicans refused to allow debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act, and reminded women that the GOP doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work.