No Thom, it's not a tax, Thom.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dusty
Dusty's picture

The "mandate" in the so-called "Health Care Reform Bill" (sic) is not a tax and all your tortured logic to the contrary impugns your usual rationale. It is disingenuous.

Taxes are levied as such, by the government, collected by the government and used to pay for services provided by the government. You have nothing at all to legitimize that unprecedented law that American citizens have been ordered to do. It is contrary to the very fundamental basis of what this country stands for - freedom from government intrusion.

The reality is that you are willing to surrender your right to privacy and the freedom that comes from living in a democracy instead of a fascist state. In a democracy the citizens decide on their own fate, not the bought and paid for politicians of corporations.

The United States of Paranoia is pretty much history anyway, but I'll be damned if I'll support an edict from a morally and ethically banckrupt government.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but you are not much different than the con jobs running this country when you twist reason for your own partisan support of Oabama - who has given you ample cause to refrain from unmitigated support. Surrender your freedom, not mine.

Comments

bossradio93
bossradio93's picture
Dusty wrote: The "mandate" in

Dusty wrote:

The "mandate" in the so-called "Health Care Reform Bill" (sic) is not a tax and all your tortured logic to the contrary impugns your usual rationale. It is disingenuous.

Taxes are levied as such, by the government, collected by the government and used to pay for services provided by the government. You have nothing at all to legitimize that unprecedented law that American citizens have been ordered to do. It is contrary to the very fundamental basis of what this country stands for - freedom from government intrusion.

The reality is that you are willing to surrender your right to privacy and the freedom that comes from living in a democracy instead of a fascist state. In a democracy the citizens decide on their own fate, not the bought and paid for politicians of corporations.

The United States of Paranoia is pretty much history anyway, but I'll be damned if I'll support an edict from a morally and ethically banckrupt government.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but you are not much different than the con jobs running this country when you twist reason for your own partisan support of Oabama - who has given you ample cause to refrain from unmitigated support. Surrender your freedom, not mine.

Under Bush, you gave up all your privacy, freedoms and what else, probably your life. The U.S. went into bankruptcy under Bush, corporations and the "banksters" as Thom calls them and we're in a 'great depression' he put us in. But now Obama's in charge and he's doing everything possible to clean up the mess left behind by the previous 'Crime Family'. Health care should be a right for all people and the government should step in to help out with a person's medical expenses because I know many can't afford it on their own. I assume you're for the "for-profit" hospitals and don't care if someone gets sick, die quickly.