Quantum Physics: WTF?

31 posts / 0 new

I've seen a quantum physics discussion, but i cant find it. Every time i try to read an article or see a clip about quantum physics, its like an exercise in futility. Often, even the most brilliant physicists on earth admit on film that its mind-boggling to them, too. Does anybody happen to know, if there's dark matter and dark energy, why is there anti-matter but no anti-energy? Or, IS there anti-energy? I've never heard it mentioned.

I saw a recent article about "gravitational lensing" that, if true, would dump the whole dark matter issue in the creek. (I don't even know what would happen to dark energy).

I've seen a theory that says every black hole,(or maybe it was only every spinning black hole) is a veritable nursery of universes. I would pull out my hair if it hadn't already left me.

What's a poor boy with an average-to-bright IQ to do?

harry ashburn

Comments

John Roach

for National Geographic News
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/03/100322-dark-flow-matter-outside-universe-multiverse/
Published March 22, 2010

"Dark flow" is no fluke, suggests a new study that strengthens the case for unknown, unseen "structures" lurking on the outskirts of creation.

In 2008 scientists reported the discovery of hundreds of galaxy clusters streaming in the same direction at more than 2.2 million miles (3.6 million kilometers) an hour.

This mysterious motion can't be explained by current models for distribution of mass in the universe. So the researchers made the controversial suggestion that the clusters are being tugged on by the gravity of matter outside the known universe.

First of all there are a couple of basic books that you should check out and understand to play in this realm

The pursuit of simplicity by Edward Teller http://www.amazon.com/pursuit-simplicity-Edward-Teller/dp/0932612024

Old school, but important to have the tools needed to play the game..

The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics by Gary Zukav

http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Wu-Li-Masters-Overview/dp/055326382X

These two resources will help you understand the transitions that are happening and how the measurements are changing almost monthly now.

I'm very interested in this subject, so it comes up as a base theme in my cyber hole, where I have article posted...

Ask any question you have in this thread, I'm well versed in the subject, well beyond most casual observers and even many in the field of research because it is so compartmentalized, I do not have a lot of road blocks in science, the important concepts are what they measure and how it is measured... This is a basic theme, that observations of an event changes that event on a quantum level..

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT

This has been one of my long time area of interests as well. I very much enjoyed Gary Zukoff's Dancing Wu li Masters. It's a good laman's entry into the ideas. The mind and consciousness is at the intersection of physics, so this is food for the active imagination.

Another name in this area is David Bohm. We had a guy on the board who hasn't been around for awhile, Howard, who attempted to put the Bohmian dialogue theory of discussion into practice.

Anyone open to the relationship between Eastern philosophies and Physics will find Capra's The Tao of Physics still relevant.

By the way, if anyone wants to put a link and some words together, copy or write the words, block them and when you do, that grayed out link icon next to the smiley becomes active. Click on it and a box will come up and you can paste the url in the box, click "insert" and you'll get:

Dancing Wu li Masters

.ren's picture
.ren
Quote .ren:

By the way, if anyone wants to put a link and some words together, copy or write the words, block them and when you do, that grayed out link icon next to the smiley becomes active. Click on it and a box will come up and you can paste the url in the box, click "insert" and you'll get:

Dancing Wu li Masters

Sweet, could you ask the powers that be, to have that link open in a new tab or window …. That would be much cooler … P.S. Anyway to lose attribute marks ( I use my own, not host editor), from my early posts here , I can not edit blog?

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT
Quote TITOR RIGHT:

from my early posts here , I can not edit blog?

Are you saying you are not able to edit your blog?

Go to your specific blog and you'll see two tabs, "View" and "Edit"

Try "Edit"

Works for me.

'Course, you need to be logged in, and it needs to be your blog.

.ren's picture
.ren

I am glad to see I am not the only one with the idea that our observable universe is being pulled by matter outside of our sphere of observation. Thank you, Titor Right and .ren. I am somewhat surprised that this hasn't come up before in our discussions, Ren. I actually wrote a blog post about this topic.

I saw a show on public television recently in which some physicists were planning a big project to look for all this missing matter and energy, using particle smashers and such, and I was doubting they would find it (unless they can find a portal to some alternate reality), because I figure it is simply "way out there" beyond anything we have yet observed.

Natural Lefty's picture
Natural Lefty

this sounds like a job for "anti-dark matter" or anti dark energy?

harry ashburn

Two points to consider

To be honest they have to have dark matter, to make sense of their lack of system variables , to many observable effects, they cannot explain... They are so concerned with this matter, that they believe we are missing huge portions of the picture, by not having observable dark matter, and yet clearly relying on its existence to continue to push forward .. It is kind of an oxymoron or the science of faith..

Two points to consider

CERN … Looking for “God” particle or trigger that turns phased energy to mass, gives rise to frequency, all matter has frequency.... Find the right frequency and induce a mass to “move” to a future phased temporal moment, as the mass is moved in temporal space, the mass is induced to the future, while the ghost image or memory remains in cogitative temporal starting point.

If you could do this, you could move extremely large masses, like you were moving a bundle of helium filled balloons... If your looking for the answers to the Coral Castle or any other odd rock monuments lying all over the planet. Just saying, it would be a lot easier than slaves, that require food and a certain degree of “maintenance”. How else are you going to move 80 ton plus slabs of rock, found in high deserts, that can barely support life much less thriving life ???? Enough grace to allow all your energy to be applied to moving rocks around , instead of eating, writing, learning, planting harvesting, and fighting your odd continuous war efforts ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

Long count 2012 alignment date …. on Dec 23 2012 we are to be aligned, to the center of the “Dark rift”, arbitrary at best, really, simply a perspective of view from our location, third rock from sun. You are really in this alignment right now, it might explain the decreasing magnetic field found around the earth now, also could be reason solar activity is less than normal … The 2012 event will likely be an electrical crashing of our power generation system when an EMP type wave hits the earth, probably right out of a “dark rift or similar void in spectrum. The problem is there is no warning system it all happens at the same speed, gamma burst of radiant distribution, you would have to have a communication device that is faster than the speed of light squared... that's going to be a tough hurdle to beat feet to

The long count could have two reasons for observed effect …. Effect , every year the earth does not quite make it back to where it started, it is retarded by 1 degree every 72 years, the sky view is divided (zodiac) in to 12- thirty degree sections, this is what is called procession or how the star field moves from our perspective strictly earth bound only. So you have 72 X 30 X 12 gives 25920 or 26,00 years roughly one cycle... this could be explained by a topple type wobble or a sister Sun or Star in binary orbit... possibly collapsed but in mass attached orbit to our active Sun.... might even be the cause of the asteroid belt... you guys do not happen to be down with the Kat , Immanuel Velikovsky, not really that far off the marks of reason... considering what we know now ...

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT
Quote TITOR RIGHT:
Quote .ren:

Dancing Wu li Masters

Sweet, could you ask the powers that be, to have that link open in a new tab or window …. That would be much cooler … P.S. Anyway to lose attribute marks ( I use my own, not host editor), from my early posts here , I can not edit blog?

You are able to specify it to open in a new window. Follow the instructions from .ren.

Insert your url link (include the prefix.)

Target dropdown menu. select > open link in new window.

(NOTE) If you didn' t include the prefix, it will ask to include it.... Allow it.

Then select target > open in new window as previously noted.

TEST RESULT HERE.

RITTERBY's picture
RITTERBY

sweet- thanks

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT

You may also be interested in the lectures of Leonard Susskind, (one of the fathers of String Theory). Stanford has made the lectures freely available on YouTube @

http://www.youtube.com/user/StanfordUniversity#p/c/888811AA667C942F/0/32wIKaLkvc4

To answer your question about the function of Dark Matter, (which is really just an explanation why the stars in a galaxy do not rotate as slow as they should).

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=095F8763F3B34802&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=nJN2X3NrQAE

To answer what dark energy is, (which actually tries to answer why everything we look at ouside of our local cluster is moving really fast and accelerating).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHXv-NuSnP0

tedkelly's picture
tedkelly

Things I ponder on are:

1. How the human brain reacts to 7.8 hertz, (Schumann's resonance). There's a lot of scientific "stuff" there. But it's pretty much considered hooky by many scientific circles.

2. Bose Einstein Condensation. BEC is not what really intrigues me. It is what may be found in the spaces between. Somewhat like the idea - it is the rests between the notes that truly make a great musical composition.

3. Binaural beats. I'm not necessarily talking about how two competing beats can alter auditory perception, (brain entrainment). I'm thinking more like how two or more sound waves can produce a 3rd alternate wave. The only way I can explain what I am thinking of is how in the movie Ghost Busters they crossed the streams.

As for Hawking's new show... ...I think it is interesting it is "brought to you" by Boeing. But that just me being a cynic.

Anyway, I'd give just about anything to actually sit down with Hawking to pick his brain. They man is extraordinary. I am glad he's been given a TV spot to express his perceptions/ideas.

bonnie

Martin Gardner's 'The New Ambidextrous Universe' symettry and asymettry from mirror reflections to superstrings, isbn 0-7167-2093-0

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

To Titor Right re: #7: "CERN … Looking for “God” particle or trigger that turns phased energy to mass, gives rise to frequency, all matter has frequency.... Find the right frequency and induce a mass to “move” to a future phased temporal moment, as the mass is moved in temporal space, the mass is induced to the future, while the ghost image or memory remains in cogitative temporal starting point."

um....umhum.....ok...er.....?...... AAGGGG!

harry ashburn

re; "turns 'phased' energy to mass"...."a future 'phased' temporal moment"..

do you use the term "phased" to mean "we don't know"? what is "phased"?

OK OK i'll look it up.

harry ashburn

If you try to get at this by attempting to understand the math you wind up in a realm in which the physicist is presenting you with metaphysical theory based on unintelligible complexity only they can begin to understand. For the most part I doubt if they understand each other all that well at that point.

Back up and start over and find a level you can better comprehend.

Then you can better begin to assimilate dimensions.

Initially our senses dictated that a step North was always a step North.

That was / is the flat plane straight line dimension.

It took a few century's but eventually we were able to comprehend a spherical dimension in which a step north is a step south.

As we are mass and function in an environment of mass we experience the dimension of time. Every mass event has a beginning and undergoes change in a chain of cause and effect that we can measure.

Oddly enough we discover that the faster we accelerate mass the slower time passes to a point of critical speed at which point time ceases.

Extraordinary, another unanticipated dimension arises in the realms of energy on the order of electricity and light.

Two unanticipated dimensions experienced suffice to encourage speculation that additional dimensions may await discovery.

Mass is constructed of negative positive and neutral electronic components.

Electronic ! Think speed of light , think the dimension of time. ?

Perplexing.

They are able to isolate a component of the atom and accelerate it , fire it into a target and detect traces of further phenomena and it would seem that they are not certain whether the electron they accelerate is a particle/mass subject to the dimension of time or wave /energy not subject to the dimension time. Yet when they smash it at the highest velocity they can achieve further phenomena is observed. Dimensions?

Will be interesting to see if anything more comes out of the Hedron project.

On the macro level the math pointed to another phenomena of critical mass time interface in which the gravity of concentrated mass reaches a point of critical mass and vanishes from observable phenomena in that the gravity of the mass is of a magnitude that wave energy collapses into the mass, a black hole.

They went looking for them and no sooner than they looked they discovered them and they were able to discover them because of the behavior of the mass surrounding them. We can't collect data from the thing but we can observe it's affect on phenomena we can observe hence we were able to locate them once we knew what to look for.

So does stuff just go in there and vanish forever or do further dimensions morph into cosmic phenomena and dimensions or mechanics yet to discover? Not much doubt there IMO. String theory, worm holes, time warps, black matter, etc. Physicist postulating into metaphysics.

I'm no physicist but nothing stopping me from playing into the game. It occurs to me that there probably is at least one further critical mass /time phenomena that occurs within a massive black hole and that critical mass is achieved when the orbit of the electron collapses or compresses into the nucleus and all that is left to observe is pure unadulterated gravity which is a dimension of no mass, no time , and no space, the instant it gets there it is everywhere, the cosmic space time traveler on steroids on steroids. An old friend , the ultimate precondition of our very existence.

stonesphear's picture
stonesphear

http://www.newscientist.com/special/seven-wonders-of-the-quantum-world?D...

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote douglaslee:

http://www.newscientist.com/special/seven-wonders-of-the-quantum-world?D...

great addition simple clean ..

Quote inside link:

This "spooky action at a distance", in Einstein's words, is a serious blow to our conception of how the world works. In 1964, physicist John Bell of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, Switzerland, showed just how serious. He calculated a mathematical inequality that encapsulated the maximum correlation between the states of remote particles in experiments in which three "reasonable" conditions hold: that experimenters have free will in setting things up as they want; that the particle properties being measured are real and pre-existing, not just popping up at the time of measurement; and that no influence travels faster than the speed of light, the cosmic speed limit.

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT
Quote harry ashburn:

re; "turns 'phased' energy to mass"...."a future 'phased' temporal moment"..

Quote :

Importance of the theorem

Bell's theorem, derived in his seminal 1964 paper titled On the Einstein Podolsky Rosen paradox,[3] has been called "the most profound in science".[4] The title of the article refers to the famous paper by Einstein, Podolsky and Rosen[5] purporting to prove the incompleteness of quantum mechanics. In his paper, Bell started from essentially the same assumptions as did EPR, viz. i) reality (microscopic objects have real properties determining the outcomes of quantum mechanical measurements) and ii) locality (reality is not influenced by measurements simultaneously performed at a large distance). Bell was able to derive from these assumptions an important result, viz. Bell's inequality, violation of which by quantum mechanics implying that at least one of the assumptions must be abandoned if experiment would turn out to satisfy quantum mechanics.

do you use the term "phased" to mean "we don't know"? what is "phased"?

OK OK i'll look it up.

Mathematical perspective and formulas

A phased array is an example of N-slit diffraction. It may also be viewed as the coherent addition of N line sources. Since each individual antenna acts as a slit, emitting radio waves, their diffraction pattern can be calculated by adding the phase shift φ to the fringing term.

We will begin from the N-slit diffraction pattern derived on the diffraction page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phased_array

-------------

Now space the emitters a distance apart. This distance is chosen for simplicity of calculation but can be adjusted as any scalar fraction of the wavelength.

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT

OK Im aware of the use of slits in particle physics. "When you're out of slits, you're out of pier."

harry ashburn
Quote harry ashburn:

OK Im aware of the use of slits in particle physics. "When you're out of slits, you're out of pier."

The concept is known as wave interference, and if you knew about super-position theory, why were you so spell bound and unaware of the term “phase”... Now ,if you were confused by Bell's first caveat I can understand using an inanimate object for reference remember the activator is the ""ezperimenter"" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism_%28philosophy_of_mind%29 .... Tell you what, I'll explain it in terms of MWI -Many World Interpretation Evertt/Wheeler. No physics required ... so even a third grader can get it .. It will take a bit of effort, so it might be a little while... If you need a time frame, probably before the short yellow bus brings you home from the happy place two more times.. ... Chew on this while you're waiting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_quantum_gravity

If your just B.S.ing me and you actually do have basic math skills in this range http://www.earthportals.com/Portal_Messenger/danlove.html

What part are you having trouble understanding?? The fact that mass can be transferred to the future or that a “ghost” of the structure can be manipulated in objective temporal space (activator time)? I do not believe you understand the significance of Bell … I will try to make it clearer for you, it is not really that hard to explain or grasp, it is just a matter of finding a common point of understanding in terms, I have explained this to a thirteen year old, but they knew how to push a derivative and solve integrals http://www.keypress.com/documents/ALookInside/Calculus/Calculus_SE_Ch01.pdf

This is not required for discussion , but math terms are clearly defined and words, well they tend to be vague and messy sometimes, not clearly understood and limited in character because you are talking of things not in shared or common experience.

For example try to describe the “God” particle to me, it will help me frame your understanding of current physics …. piece of cake right ???

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT
Then you can better begin to assimilate dimensions.

When my son was about 8 yo he recited a very interesting poem to me.

The first dimension is a dot.

The second dimension is a line.

The third dimention is a cube.

The fourth dimention is time.

I don't know where he picked it up or if he made it up. He was always saying highly intuitive things when he was little. Like when he was in second grade, (1999), he was looking at a diagram of how a virus attacks a cell in one of my Scientific American magazines. The article never mentioned anything about cancer.

Yet, after looking at the picture for a while he asked me, "Mom, what if the virus is sick before it puts its stuff into the cell? Could that make the stuff in the cell sick so what comes out of the cell is sick? And what if the stuff that comes out of the cells is so sick it just keeps making way too many sick cells?"

I was so astounded by his insight you could have knocked me over with a feather.

And when the recent HPV vaccine, "Who knew...?" commercials came out all I kept thinking when I saw them was, "My son knew... ...when he was in second grade."

Anyway, the point of this post is really not about how brilliant my kid is... ...although he really is a pretty amazing young man. ;)

I'm just trying to reiterate stonesphere's point :

If you try to get at this by attempting to understand the math you wind up in a realm in which the physicist is presenting you with metaphysical theory based on unintelligible complexity only they can begin to understand. For the most part I doubt if they understand each other all that well at that point.

Back up and start over and find a level you can better comprehend.

bonnie

Re-state part 1.. sorry this is longer than I would like...

Bonnie or any of the others here, have your children or even yourselves, ever questioned the concept of “zero” ??... Like for example,you might have trouble believing it exist or defining where zero exist in the construct we know or think as of real ??? It's a weird concept, when you have to assign three places to something that does not exist (0,0,0) and can nullify any equation or function, turning something that does exist to nothing. Zero times any function (count) = nothing... Just saying ,I think your math already indicates, you can push something out of the stack... push pop and stack results in “ON” ( Egyptian obelisk) or “OFF” reality “OF” - bit on or off , logic gates that come to byte you.....

Now of course being someone having trouble with basics like “zero”, you might suggest that I belong on the short yellow bus, this matters not to me. However, if you do choose to question or point things out, we can skip past the fact that I'm an Pimento shy of a Loaf and concentrate on the points or observations you question or consider incorrect. I'm pulling this stuff straight from my butt, with consideration of other facts and ideas that are not stated. So you are more than invited to make me think of my proposals.

It seems as though there are some questions, to my poorly stated observation. That I believe you can push something to the future, hence reduce effective mass, therefore the force required for manipulation, in the objective (actor) time line or frame. I suggested I could re-state the idea in another frame or base concept, that of MWI (many world interpretation – Everett/wheeler) Before I start somethings to note

phased – might simply be termed controlled or measured incremental but of finite form, a connection to current quantum time has to be maintained, even if you can not view it. Think in terms of two D-space (X,Y), you have no depth, the axis of (Z) does meet or touch your plane or dimension but you can not see it, or “TURN IN”ON””.

When I use MWI for reference, I will have to modify the statement to push to another dimension, not noting the direction of time .. because of an observer actor effect in the MWI frames it is the difference between a system of freewill verse no- freewill. ( stone rock, uniform density easy to work because -no freewill )

The reason I state in the real life example, the mass is transferred forward has to do with the concept known as “Time arrow”, which simply states time has a direction and you can find the direction in the system of non- freewill, as observed by entropy, things tend to go to chaos moving to lowest energy levels, unless in something called a heat bath... A “heat bath” is something that appears to supply limitless energy , think “weather” a product of the “atmospheric generator”, in general this is considered a type of heat bath exchange. Think of it as any construct that contains a large amount of free energy … you know how much energy is in weather, multiply that by thousands, and you start to get an idea how much “free- energy you can tap, from a system that is generating a form of static locking energy, reflected as resistance to movement in time . In simplest form, the statement is trying to reflect the idea that the “HEAT BATH”, we are working with, the large energy source is “TIME”, this is the point of axis touching of a dimension you cannot perceive. A little more precise way of thinking about this “heat bath” construct is, in the relation or interactions between time and gravity, that provide the energy tap, which is often termed ZERO POINT . Huuummm

little more base data before I start MWI

Consider Tesla, you probably have heard the story of his “modulator”, a mechanical rhythmic or harmonic device, that he attached to a building and nearly knocked it down. This is viewed as a standing wave application where a frequency was found, that harmonically induced the entire structure to move in convergence, something like the energy or cadence generated to move a swing. Consider what might have happened had he started with something that was not “framed” in structure but a solid perhaps a rock , extrapolating you can see were you might be able to weaken the bonds to help in the cutting , maybe even control the fracturing like glass.... But what if on a very very low frequency you start to induce the mass to move in time as suggested previously, as the mass is transferred but remains phased (attached to construct time) could you still manipulate it using standard common tools ….. monkey says yes... me monkey.

START MWI- basically the idea is that for every out come or action in this world that does not happen, there is a hundred percent chance that it will happen in another world..... Not going to explain further, but realize this means in a world with almost seven billion people there are at least that many worlds, that by extrapolation. If you are trying to control the world construct as known, and you are worried about parallel paths and bleed in from other realms of synergy, you would consider paring that number down. See the “Georgia Guild Stones”, not my idea of fun , but you might have some reason to understand already, why if MWI is true, why some idiots would like to pare the whole thing down to five hundred million people instead of nearly seven billion... Do the math, that is one person remaining for every fourteen removed, most will be culled during nuclear events, so most the survivors will be in places off the grid like Madagascar.... expect survival rates in western culture to be around one in hundred at best … Do not worry according to MWI you can walk away from it.

Thought experiment- in MWI frame

You are walking down the street heading to Karaoke night at a local pub. You're walking to the bus stop because your going to have a few drinks and do not want to drive home. You're dressed for success but something has happened to your shoe, perhaps a lace or buckle, a piece of trash sticking from gum stuck to the shoe, something that you might deal with or wait to fix until you reach the bus stop bench. As you make your way to the bus stop some eye candy catches your eye, you decide to halt and address the shoe problem while enjoying the view. You're are in no hurry, feeling a bit randy or naughty, a little on the level of Aqualung, sitting on a park bench eyeing little girls with bad intent.

You arise slowly decide to make your way to the bus stop bench, who knows maybe more eye candy around the corner. You are still recovering from your fetish discovery, day dreaming nearing the corner of the bus stop, bang wamm bamm crash, the bus you were planning on catching, has just plowed through everyone at the stop and smashed into a near by building killing everyone in its path.

The next thing you know your little fetish has shuffled back to the scene, she/he (depending on what floats your boat) states that they would have also been at that stop had they not forgot a jump drive, left during a job interview, for a lab assistant, to work on WMI theory and time control devices. Your heart flutters as you eye something hard sweet and sticky, eventually you marry, have lots of rug rats, that end up in Catholic school, because, your fetish is a JAP (Jewish American Princess) and it's the best you can do to get even, forgetting the idea that you are agnostic.

The moral of the story, well I suppose watch the eye candy, covers it. However, consider another point of time. Say that as you're eye balling your fetish drooling away, you heard the sound of squealing tires, you see a full size bronco go sliding by sideways noticing some odd sticker placement on the rear window, your mind starts to go pong for a moment, then you realize there are more screaming tires and out of control police and border patrol vehicles heading straight toward your eye candy. Your chance to be a hero, or not….. Trying to save the candy, within probability might end in much the same type of future, bad marriage, many rug rats, catholic school..... Or you could just ponder the stickers and the strange Hare Krishna figure who emerged from the Bronco, now moving toward you with what looks to be a .223 with three banana clips taped together, trying to hand you a holstered 357 with a pair of speed loaders.…. And now make another decision, that will change your position on the time lines, and which time line continues and which doesn't end so well...

Just a thought, but do you understand the door that is “freewill” ?? Consider this when you realize how many choices you think you make, how many are made for you..... If you understand how times and worlds can over lap, you can understand a lot of gut intuition, sometimes that little voice just screams, push pop or stack …. Remember the smaller the base pool of MWI (those with freewill) the easier to control the over laps and general structure of options, simply because the number of worlds or alternate time lines is decreased. What I suggest, you think about if you can, is how does the world of freewill interfaces with that base world which is controlled strictly by the heat bath pool or energy source (GOD). A constant form bathed in freewill.... Anybody in here a “Lost” fan???? The only thing that changes are the acts of freewill not the island, the island changes position in time and only shows the scars of freewill applied, just like mother earth. Simplest form descriptors in MWI, with the pop out being our perspective, current (viewer) “time line”. Recursions last level, actor, viewer, CPU – logic gates... follow the yellow brick road, follow the....

(Back later – this will take a few more turns to make the full circle back , just too move some rocks forward in time space.)

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT
Bonnie or any of the others here, have your children or even yourselves, ever questioned the concept of “zero” ??

Yes, I have.

Consider Tesla...

I always do. He's my favorite inventor in history and I think he probably was the most brilliant human being - to date. And I think it's sad how Edison bent Tesla over and royally screwed him... ...but that's another topic for another time.

Anyway, I see the point you are trying to make.

Finally, I'd like to say something a bit off topic in response to this:

Just saying ,I think your math already indicates, you can push something out of the stack... push pop and stack results in “ON” ( Egyptian obelisk) or “OFF” reality “OF” - bit on or off , logic gates that come to byte you.....

For some weird reason this brings the classic cyber-punk book, "Snow Crash" by Neal Stevenson to my mind. Not sure why -but it does.

bonnie

-the-big-bangs-sequel-contains-scenes-of-violence. Pretty cool, New Scientist is on my mail list

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

re#20: My understanding of the "God" particle or Higgs Boson is that it endows mass on subatomic particles, I've heard protons, which are the anti-matter equivalent of electrons. I'm tempted to tell you to blow it out your ass, but instead I will tell you I was not schooled in physics; I have a BA in political science and history. I might not even have that if it weren't for the draft. What I've learned of quantum physics is what Ive learned on my own as a vocation. It may very well be true that Im not smart enough to be a quantum physicist, I'm just fascinated by the subject. I didn't expect to get such a flood of response.

harry ashburn

errata: as an avocation, not vocation. I mean hobby. thanx.

harry ashburn
Quote harry ashburn:

re#20: My understanding of the "God" particle or Higgs Boson is that it endows mass on subatomic particles, I've heard protons, which are the anti-matter equivalent of electrons. I'm tempted to tell you to blow it out your ass, but instead I will tell you I was not schooled in physics...

Tito's posts are mostly nonsense dressed up in a lot of verbiage. You are correct, the Standard Model of physics does say subatomic particles have mass because of their interaction with the Higgs field. Finding the Higgs boson would be a huge confirmation of the theory.

However, protons are not anti-matter to electrons. The anti-matter particles are named, cleverly enough, anti-proton (a proton with a negative charge) and anti-electron or positron (an electron with a positive charge).

reed9's picture
reed9

Hey, I've got a couple of questions for you physics types:

1. Define K decay in layamese.

2. if you have heard of it - what is "Greys Monte Carlo" or "Muon Monte Carlo"? Is this a calculation/formula?

3. if the angle of clean muons can be effected by the dirty muons around the drift pipe - how could that effect the angle of incidence of the collimator?

bonnie

Well, it's been a long time since I've taken a physics course, but I'll give it a go.

1. K Decay is when the heavier kaon particles decay into lighter muons or prions. Kaons weigh about half of a proton, and are a composite particle made up of two quarks. Interestingly, the probability of which particle emerge from kaon decay is predicted by the Standard Model, but as I understand there is some discrepancy between the prediction and what we've observed, suggesting there may be other processes or particles at work as yet undiscovered.

2. A Monte Carlo experiment is a algorithm using random number inputs, which allow us to simulate complex systems. This is good explanation.

3. This has got to be referring to a particle accelerator experiment. I'm pretty sure its just to the effect dirt would have in the equipment. Like if you shone light through a dirty window, you'd get more scatter than if you shone it through a clean window. Unless you can explain the context a little more? I'm not familiar with something called a "dirty" muon otherwise.

reed9's picture
reed9

thank you reed9, I mispoke, positron, not proton. :)

harry ashburn

Currently Chatting

Who Should an Economy Serve?

The top one percent own half of all the world's assets. In stark contrast, the bottom fifty percent of the world owns less than one percent. According to the 2014 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse, global inequality has surged since the 2008 financial collapse. The report explains that while global wealth has more than doubled since the year 2000, the vast majority of overall growth has gone to those who were already wealthy.