Radio telethon for childrens hospital. ....Single payer health care NOW!!!!!!!!!

1 post / 0 new

We switch off between the classic rock radio station and country where I work.

I can take about a day's worth of country, that's about my limit. But today they were having a radio telethon for a children's hospital.

I listened as story after tear jerking story was related about how families have had to beg borrow and steal to get their children medical attention. At last count the telethon had raised $2700 dollars.

Why do they have too go on the radio and beg for money?

Why does this organization need to beg people to sign up for a $20 per month automatic credit card payment?

Why do we not care for each other as a nation?

Why do the same country singers that are lending their names in support of the telethon also performing for the republicans and their tea bagging hypocritical foot soldiers at campaign and tea party rallies against health care?

The answer is clear and it was related during the telethon.

You can be a hero by donating $20 per month.

There is no notoriety in just being a good citizen that cares about their neighbors next door or across the nation.

But being a HERO is different. You can brag about that. And it's tax deductible.

And of course you can always say NO!

No one in America should EVER need to BEG for help!

spankycrissy's picture
spankycrissy

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.