Streaming Restrictions

4 posts / 0 new

Streaming Restrictions By Country

I listen from outside of the US, and when you go to any of these Clear Channel liberal talk radio affiliate sites, you can't listen to the online stream if you have an IP address that is not a US IP address. You can't even listen online if you're in Canada.

When you click no the streaming gadget, you get the following page:

Licensed Content Access Request

Your IP Address: **.**.***.***

Due to licensing restrictions, we are not able to allow access to the content you are requesting from outside the United States. We are sorry we can no longer provide access to Canada. If you currently reside in the United States, please select one of the options below to process your request. Please allow up to 60 hours to process your request.

Choose from the following:

I am US Military

I live outside the United States

I am inside the United States

If you click on " I live outside the United States", you get the following result:

Licensed Content Access Request

We thank you for your interest in seeing and hearing all we have to offer! Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we can not comply with your request at this time.

Close Window

If you click " I am inside the United States", you get the following:

We thank you for your interest in seeing and hearing all we have to offer! Your request has been received. Please allow up to 60 hours for processing.

So I'm listening to the few stations that still have RealPlayer and Winamp streams. I e-mailed Green960 and ClearChannel, but I haven't had a response to my e-mails.

I would love to know if there are more, because if I would lose one of the streams, I would lose Randi's show.

MrK's picture
MrK

Comments

You are getting this message even with Thom's live stream provided here on the website? It should work and how many are listening outside the US.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

Getting Thom's show from this site works for me in the UK. Getting local programs, such as the KPOJ show that features Thom before his national show, is not so easy. You might like to ask about how to hear other national shows in the chat room during Thom's show, as there are some knowledgable people there.

SueN's picture
SueN
Quote SueN:

Getting Thom's show from this site works for me in the UK. Getting local programs, such as the KPOJ show that features Thom before his national show, is not so easy. You might like to ask about how to hear other national shows in the chat room during Thom's show, as there are some knowledgable people there.

I just came across this post. The term is Geoblocking, and CBS and the likes are doing it. You cannot listen to their programs online unless your computer is inside the US. Even Canada is off limits. This makes no sense from a marketing point of view.

The alternative is to find a station that runs liberal shows and that still has an MP3 stream that you can use with Winamp or even better RealPlayer.

You can still use AM620 KPOJ, which I found through Mike Malloy's website, but KPTK AM 1090, Green 960, etc. are off limits unless you are in the US itself.

MrK's picture
MrK

Currently Chatting

What will it take to go green?

In the wake of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that devastated the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan, that nation embraced more solar and wind and took a hard look at nuclear power. Apparently, it's going to take a similar disaster in our nation to get the United States to make the switch to green energy.