Another little town Facing BIG Oil

1 post / 0 new

Good Morning, I live in Carpinteria California a little beach community about 20 minutes south of Santa Barbara and two hours north of Los Angeles.We are facing a company based here in Carpintera that wants to bypass the Cities bylaws, rules and regulations and put a vote to the residents for the upcoming elections, June 8. They have been very sneaky to say the least. With all the events happening in the gulf I was hoping you could give this a little attention too, we need all the help we can get!Thank you! Love your show!!!Samantha GreenCarpinteria, California www.carpinteria.ca.us (see Paredon Oil and Gas Development Initiative Informationwww.citienzagainstparedon.orghttp://www.independent.com/news/2010/may/02/hundreds-paddle-out-protest-venoco-vote/

samdgreenleaf

Latest Headlines

Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?

There were conflicting reports on Sunday regarding a recent proposal for United States-North Korea peace talks which was allegedly made before North Korea"s recent nuclear test

U.K. Pound Falls As Markets Get Brexit Jitters

Bloomberg said on Monday the pound had sustained its biggest fall against the dollar in 11 months

Clinton: I'll defend Israel but push for 'two-state solution

Hillary Clinton believes both Republican candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz "missed the mark" with their approach to the Israel-Palestinian Arab conflict

How Can the GOP Run American Government If They Hate It?

The coal country state of West Virginia is in the middle of a special legislative session to deal with a $270 million budget shortfall, and it's setting the stage for Republicans to completely gut the state's government.

It's the same playbook we've seen the right-wing carry out in Wisconsin, in Kansas, in Michigan, and in Ohio.