Chuck Schumers vote in favor of the Banksters

5 posts / 0 new

I called Schumers office after the show to question his vote to keep the criminal Wall Street banksters big and powerful. The answer I got was that we have to keep our banks big in order to compete with the Europran banks, RPS, Deutsche Bank etc in order to be able to make loans to their customers. My response was, what customers? They don't loan money they gamble and if they lose we pay...WhooHooo. Needless to say I got no response. He kept referring to Bank of America so I guess that is who owns the good senator. When Schumer goes up for re-election I'm going to campaign against him no matter who his opponent is. Response; I'll pass that along.

DaveB

DaveB's picture
DaveB

Comments

I think that campaign finance reform is the one thing that progressives shoulde focus on more than anything else. if we can get corporate hands off of the peoples government it will create a domino effect that will solve most of our current issues. unfortunately the corporate owned media will never ever touch such a thing. the way to fix that is to have the media financed by taxpayer dollars. but a radical change like that would require campaign finance reform...a real catch 22.

chronix's picture
chronix
Quote DaveB:[...] When Schumer goes up for re-election I'm going to campaign against him no matter who his opponent is. Response; I'll pass that along.

DaveB

Good for you!

If I still lived in New York I would be doing the same. The voting public could bring about a great deal of very important change by simply voting against every senator and representative who voted in favor of the bankers. That would send a powerful message to the Congress.

Unfortunately every problem we have is attributable to the ignorance, complacency and self-serving stupidity of far too many of our fellow citizens. Such as those who vote for people like Bush -- twice.

MikeK's picture
MikeK

He's in line with Paul Krugman and others on that. Bigness may be OK. I'm still looking at ideas like the one I posted in the economy forum. I think the most important point is not to weaken the bill, instead make it tougher! This is the bill they must get right the first time! If the Dems cave they will lock in the publics perception of a disfunctional Congress.

maraden's picture
maraden

...and the Consumer Finance Protection Agency shouldn't be rolled into the Fed...the Fed has a banker constituency. The Fed can veto any actions taken by the Agency.

Probably, Congress should increase the size of the Supreme Court (it has the power to do that and has changed its numbers in the past).

Appoint additional judges to overule the Corporatist twits that have handed the nation over ...in effect...to corporate governance.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Currently Chatting

First Columbia took on their drug lords, now they're taking on their billionaires...why can't we?

America’s billionaires are driving this nation’s poverty epidemic. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

As we speak, working-class Americans are getting screwed over by policies that favor the wealthy elite, and leave everyone else in the dust. As a result, more and more Americans are living in poverty.