First it was keys; then I.D. numbers, then cards; now passwords.

3 posts / 0 new

We used to have to keep-up only with keys and our phone number and address. Then came ID numbers such as selective service numbers, then area codes and zip codes, then e-mail, then passwords. I have to have several passwords 'cause one site requires 7 digits instead of 6, or one digit has to be not a numeral, and one has to be a capital. One time i tried to use a password that had the ? as a digit. The web site said "one character must not be a numeral". The web-site director sez one character must be a number. She couldn't seem to understand that that wasn't the same thing. So now I have to keep up with all the above, plus 6 or 7 "log-in names" and "passwords".

I'm not even attempting texting and ipodding and ipadding and blueberrying. I bet there's more passwords there.

when the implant with all this on it is ready, I'll probably be ready for it.

harry ashburn

Comments

Quote harry ashburn:

We used to have to keep-up only with keys and our phone number and address. Then came ID ...

I'm not even attempting texting and ipodding and ipadding and blueberrying. I bet there's more passwords there.

when the implant with all this on it is ready, I'll probably be ready for it.

I think if you ponder a little bit, you might have pinned the agenda exactly, just using your own descriptions..... To help you make the transition or your mind-up, so to speak ….. careful ….

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT

Obama says he doesn't know how to work all that stuff either.

stwo's picture
stwo

Currently Chatting

A Warren Run Would Change Everything

Over the past few weeks, Elizabeth Warren has emerged as a leader of progressives on Capitol Hill. She led the charge against the part of the CRomnibus that gutted our financial regulations, and she is still fighting the White House over its nomination of bankster Antonio Weiss as Undersecretary of Domestic Finance in the Treasury Department.