Go ahead, admit it

15 posts / 0 new

Go ahead admit it....

You were a little disappointed when you learned the Times Square bomb suspect wasn't a Tea Partier.

PeeWee Returns's picture
PeeWee Returns

Comments

Actually, I hadn't a clue and just waited for the facts. It didn't matter to me because what is is.

jeffbiss's picture
jeffbiss

How do you know he isn't?

Art's picture
Art

Nice try.

How much does the RNC pay you to plant these little "bugs" on liberal message boards?

kwikfix

No, PeeWee is a veteran on this board. He's a good guy, but he just happens to always be wrong.

Art's picture
Art
Quote Art:

No, PeeWee is a veteran on this board. He's a good guy, but he just happens to always be wrong.

Thanks Art, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm also kind of flattered that Kwikfix thinks someone would value my posts enough to pay me for them. Sadly, that's not true.

I'm just hoping one Thomlander will be honest enough to publicly admit what I'm sure many of them secretly thought.

PeeWee Returns's picture
PeeWee Returns
Quote jeffbiss:

Actually, I hadn't a clue and just waited for the facts. It didn't matter to me because what is is.

Right. Let's wait for the facts when it comes to Tea Partiers. :)

PeeWee Returns's picture
PeeWee Returns

@Peewee, I suspect few informed progressives suspected tea partiers, I sure didn't. We know a terrorist act will result in more government repression and surveilance. We don't want that, and we know the tea partiers dont want that.

harry ashburn

I haven't caught up on the news as to who he was, but if I was to profile a terrorist bomber.....

slabmaster
Quote PeeWee Returns:

I'm also kind of flattered that Kwikfix thinks someone would value my posts enough to pay me for them. Sadly that's not true.

So nobody values your opinion, huh? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

kwikfix

I'm thinking its about time they brought out another scary muslim terrorist. I mean with decreased drilling off the Gulf coast and other projects halted, seems like another invasion may be coming up.

I wonder if they will find some kind of Iranian link with this man.

Silly American public, so easily side tracked and manipulated.

meljomur's picture
meljomur
Quote kwikfix:

SImple people are easily amused. Glad to brighten your day!

PeeWee Returns's picture
PeeWee Returns
Quote PeeWee Returns:
Quote kwikfix:

SImple people are easily amused. Glad to brighten your day!

-- he said, choking with fury and puffing on a cigarette with trembling fingers.

kwikfix
Quote PeeWee Returns:

Go ahead admit it....

You were a little disappointed when you learned the Times Square bomb suspect wasn't a Tea Partier.

Right after you admit that you jumped for joy when you found out that he was a Middle Easterner (I doubt you actually did, but I think you get my point).

Most Progressives don't operate on the level of "see what y'alls nut job did? That SOB is the personification of your politcal beliefs!" It sucks that that happened at all.

drew013's picture
drew013

Never even thought of a tea partier being the bumbling incompetent who falls into a line of strangely ineffective terrorists in America. I am glad the bomb fizzled too, but not just so Obama does not have to deal with even more hypocritical crap from the Right. Remember, 9/11 did not happen on Bush's watch. There was no watch so it could not have happened on Bush's watch. Maybe on his ignoring, but not his watch.

The news is setting up the TV movie drama where he is nabbed just before escaping to freedom. But we have extradition treaties with Dubai. He would have had a long flight back. And you have to give the cops credit for professional work. Right there we are up on the Bush administration. They thought war worked better and boy are we paying for it. And they got the target all wrong because they were in bed with the Saudis.

What this incident reveals to me is another "jilted lover of America" like Tim McVeigh. The Bush/Cheney policies toward Pakistan were disastrous to Pakistan. Instead of a political approach to the Pashtun, war was the 9/11 policy and style. Tribal culture was ignored in favor of the fear of religious radicalism. So I am not surprised at all that some Pakis want to send a message.

But isn't it amazing that terrorists who are very good with explosives in Asia cannot put together a simple bomb or light a fuse without it sputtering? I have speculated that a live terrorist is scarier in the news than a plane blowing up with everyone being killed. That story has no legs, but following the terrorist and worrying his motives keeps us focused on fear with a real Lex Luther.

I don't know how many terrorists have been stopped without publicity or if we are too far away to get many real foreign reaction to the bad things we are doing over there. They may think we are doing enough damage to ourselves and that just killing the invaders is enough. It is clear that if al Qaeda or any other terrorist trainers are sending us their trained and prepared graduates, they are even less competent than the Republicans in getting things done.

I guarantee, if they really wanted to blow up a van, they know how to do it.

DRC's picture
DRC

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.