Science & not religion about nuclear power

2 posts / 0 new

I was disappointed that there wasn't more engagement on the nuclear reactors topic.

Continuing to kill workers coerced into coal mining is wrong.

Continuing to kill the rest of us by burning coal for electricity is wrong.

Pretending that anyone was hurt at Three Mile Island is wrong.

Pretending that what happened at Chernobyl would happen with an American nuke plant is wrong.

Both of these incidents were the result of operators violating safe operating procedures.

Almost all of the nuclear waste we have to store is MILITARY, not from power plants.

The storage from power plants only, is easily handled because of its small volumes.

Some people have a 'religious' attitude against nuclear power that's not based on science.

Claiming that a million people have died as a result should not have been allowed & I think

I had the feeling Thom knew it wasn't true at the time Dr. Schirmer said it.

It needs more attention.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2005/pr38/en/index.html

TreyGreene's picture
TreyGreene

Comments

My opinion on nuclear is this: Go ahead and build as many new plants as you like. Just as long as you can secure private insurance and make it all work out economically.

BadLiberal's picture
BadLiberal

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.