Torture the time square bomber?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
mattnapa
mattnapa's picture

I guess I am not clear whether the possibility still exists that this can happen. Is he considerd a criminal or an enemy combantant, Who is deciding?

Comments

jeffbiss
jeffbiss's picture
I don't see torture as being

I don't see torture as being an issue because he's telling them what he did.

Kerry
Kerry's picture
'We have ways of making you

'We have ways of making you talk.....and you no longer have the right to remain silent...our 'safety' is at risk here, you know'.....

DRC
DRC's picture
Guess what, these guys have a

Guess what, these guys have a story to tell.  If you become a sympathetic ear, they will fill you up with "confessions of faith" about their holy mission and righteous anger.  They are not "criminals" in the typical sense, and we need to avoid making our anger the issue.  If you want them to talk, be their best friend in this tight spot.

Sorry if it takes all the 'fun' out of interrogating for you sadists who want to sign up.  The pros know that sugar works better than acid.

bray02
bray02's picture
I am curious, I was unable to

I am curious, I was unable to listen to any of the show the other day.   Thom mentioned before the facts that this "looked like it was another home grown terriorist" then he mentioned the okc bomber.  I was wondering if he pointed out that it was a terriorst with a middle eastern background. 

He always makes it seems like that every person on the right should scare the hell out of you.  But both the left and right sides have there idiots on them. 

We all have one judge and one day we will all find that out.

maraden
maraden's picture
mattnapa wrote:  I guess I am

mattnapa wrote:

I guess I am not clear whether the possibility still exists that this can happen. Is he considerd a criminal or an enemy combantant, Who is deciding?

Matt if you believe he did it, then call him a criminal. I believe we don't use the term enemy combatant since early 2009 and we don't torture.

mattnapa
mattnapa's picture
 Maraden- I appreciate the

Maraden- I appreciate the info on the current status, but it does lttle to alay my fears. First off we claimed not to be torturing when we were torturing before. More importantly however there has been no renunciation of the general mindset which brought us such laws. Not to mention prosecutions. Instead we have the 'lets move on" mantra. The terrorists remain the new evil which turns aside all previous doctrine of soverienty, self defense, and international law. Further we have virtually no discussion that we might be concerned that such behavior"could be" orchestrated to serve obvious ends.

RITTERBY
RITTERBY's picture
You will never see an end to

You will never see an end to Terrorism. The fact that it is a very successful tactic of control and reaction seals its immortality. It is impossible to put to an end something that anyone is capable of doing at anytime. The success of the WTC, Pentagon, Oklahoma City, not to mention all terror attacks abroad are factual evidence of this. The old saying, "If there is a will there is a way" is entirely true.

You can fight against it with an informed and attentive populous, but you will never see an end of this type of tactic. I suggest you stop fearing things that are out of your control.

maraden
maraden's picture
Sorry Matt, I don't

Sorry Matt, I don't understand your reply. This is a time of fear. We are afraid of terrorists. We are afraid of a bad economy/unemployment/change. Fear has become a political tool. Yet some of the bad policies have been changed and the rest will in time.

Poo tee weet
Poo tee weet's picture
"...and we don't torture."

"...and we don't torture." mattnapa

Right