US National Priorities

4 posts / 0 new

I just can quite figure out with all the problems that face the United States both domestic and foriegn where exactly I would put this on the scale.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held hearings Wednesday on the "Potty Parity Act," a bill that seeks to address the unequal number of restroom facilities for women in federal buildings by requiring at least a 1-to-1 ratio for toilets, including urinals, in women's and men's restrooms.

Or does it even belong on the scale

Roboute's picture
Roboute

Comments

Well, it's certainly a lot easier than a "Bailout Parities Act" to insure equitability between homeowner bailouts and bankster derivative player bailouts.

Congress does have to prioritize its time...handling those things most important to the nation while putting minor concerns on the back burner.

They shouldn't bother with a Potty Parities Act. Republicans will just say no to pottying and cause everyone distress.

Retired monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

It would probably be the first Bi-partisan effort, both parties filibustering. Obama learning from past mistakes, would waste no time declaring Marshal law, seeing the urgency and scale of the leviathan predicament ….

Not to worry, in an effort to stop government waste, the maintenance budget will be pared back until water and toilet paper can not be provided, at which point the yellow wiping pages (phone book pages) will pile in the corner (Mexico “does not flush tissue,they throw it in corner on floor”) until Halliburton is called into a no bid contract to hire service master to watch another Pakistani firm sub out the job of corner cleaning to an “illegal” Canadian.

TITOR RIGHT's picture
TITOR RIGHT

I would like to hear from the women.

harry ashburn

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.