Al Franken slams The Roberts Court

6 posts / 0 new

I'm Minnesotan and the local programming on AM950 played much of what Al Franken said just now over the radio. I thought it was a brilliant speech. I found a link from huffington if anyone is interested to see more about it.

If only we could see Justice Franken someday... I kid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/18/al-franken-slams-supreme_n_617448.html

jayse's picture
jayse

Comments

oh it was done today in the beginnings of the Elena Kagan hearings

jayse's picture
jayse
Quote jayse:

I'm Minnesotan and the local programming on AM950 played much of what Al Franken said just now over the radio. I thought it was a brilliant speech. I found a link from huffington if anyone is interested to see more about it.

If only we could see Justice Franken someday... I kid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/18/al-franken-slams-supreme_n_617448.html

'Bout time somebody did in public besides Obama during the State of the Union. Way to go Al!

Corvallis Carl's picture
Corvallis Carl

Thanks Jayse, I am still waiting for impeachment of the justices' actions in 2000 re: appointing a president. How can we start impeachment without the House? It seems that our legislators are more interested in today's right-wing media rhetoric than the legacy they will leave. Who will remember the pragmatists who settled for 1/2 a healthcare bill and donated our soldiers lives to short-term political cowardice? Shouldn't they care what their grandchildren will read - like maybe "Senator X spent the last years of his term arguing behind closed doors with Republicans who went on to destroy the US democracy" ??

Deb Hall's picture
Deb Hall

Thanks for posting this link Jayse!

louisehartmann's picture
louisehartmann
Quote jayse: If only we could see Justice Franken someday... I kid.

Justice Franken would make far more sense that Justice Roberts. From what I've seen, John Roberts couldn't reason his way out of a paper bag.

Junicon's picture
Junicon

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.