I hear people say that FDR helped the economy by creating Jobs in the public sector economy

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
liberalprogress...
liberalprogressivedemocrat's picture

I hear people say that FDR helped the  economy by creating Jobs in the public sector economy but since the public sector was doing good did that in anyway help the private sector econmy create Jobs or was did FDR fail as a President like many conservative republicans say ?

Comments

babbaramma
babbaramma's picture
FDR put people back to work

FDR put people back to work dong things that needed to get done in order to have an infrastructure for the private sector to work in. In order to understand what FDR did you have to understand what the runaway greed and corruption on Wall Street did to the economy prior to the Republican Great Depression. When making money by trading paper and speculation takes up more than 10% of the economy it sucks the real investment money away from other sectors. When the bubble burst everything is lost and you have to start from scratch.

FDR put people back to work in numerous places including building the electric grid, restoring forest to stop the dust bowl from spreading and other infrastructure projects that the rest of the country was built on.

The difference between the two parties, at least until Obama, was when Dems borrow money they tend to use to build things that will have long term return of investment whereas the fascist give it Wall Street and multi-national corporations that spend the money elsewhere or create bubbles and loose it all.

The Bush Tax cuts were an 80% loss before the bubble burst. The bubble took another 13 trillion in wealth, and left the country holding the bag for insane amounts of debt and two lingering wars.

Why would you listen to anything a fascist has to say? Did you know that Bush family represents 3 generations of war profiteers, banking scandals and government coups? You can trace a Bush to all three major banking failures in the last 80 years. Prescott was front and center in the 1920’s, Silverado Savings and Loan during the Regan years, and of course the greatest meltdown in our history in 2007-2008. You can also tie the Bush family to Iran, Iraq and the Saudi’s, not to mention funding the Nazi war machine.

babbaramma
babbaramma's picture
I have notice that you ask

I have notice that you ask the same basic questions in different ways but never respond to the answers. Not to be smart, but if you listen to the show, you will have a much better understanding of all of the above.