Is it a mindframe?

1 post / 0 new

I have have been a part of many discussion on why things are the way they are in the world, both in the present and the past. I have come to the conclussion that each generation produces people of certain mind frame and these people end up as our politicial, military and financial leaders. If you look back just to the last century and its leadership like Hitler and the rest of the Nazi Party, Stalin, Pol Pot and in this country, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Nixon, Reagan and the Bush's, you will see a pattern. I have a theory that deep down these people suffered from low personal self esteem and tried to make up for that by subjugating others. They also had a need for the perks and trappings of position and the thrill of control. Now, why does this type of personality always obtaine such high positions? I believe that is part of the equation. While the rest of us are content to, as Jackson Browne sang, "Be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender", these people spend almost every waking hour plotting and scheming to take over. The bulk of the population isn't interested in obtaining power but the rub is that because we lack the interest of the mechanisms of power, we don't monitor the system until it is too late.

What are your thoughts on this?

Captain Hiltz's picture
Captain Hiltz

Currently Chatting

Has Kansas Found the Cure for the Reaganomics Disease?

Reaganomics is like a bad disease; It just keeps on spreading. Thanks to 34 years of failed Reaganomics, the gap between the wealthy elite in America and everyone else is at an all-time high.