We Can't vote for a democratic president

1 post / 0 new

Look, I love Thom. He's intelligent. I met him at a book signing here in San Diego several years ago. That said, I have a fundemental disagreement with Thom on voting for a dem president, specifically Obama in 2012. We know the argument he made about the Supreme Court appointments but that is a phyrric victory assuming Obama wins.

I voted for Obama but this guy is a corporate puppet. One of the worse things about him is he has lulled some activist into accepting republican policies that they wouldn't put up with were it McCain.

I wish Thom would take to heart what FDR said. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Democrats and specifically liberals cannot continue to operate and vote on fear or the lesser of 2 evils. If the repubs get in and appoint judges who are neo-nazi we will likely experience a tipping point in this country.

At this rate with the current approach, America is experiencing a slow death. It's pointless to worry about Supreme Court judges when democrats continue to kill us with policies and people like Salazar who are no different from what we'd expect from republicans.

psalongo's picture
psalongo

Currently Chatting

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.