Black Nigerian parents give birth to White baby

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
MrK
MrK's picture

The most recent theory of human evolution, the Out Of Africa theory, supported by the findings of dr. Richard Lewontin in the 1970s and recently the Human Genome Project, is that there is only one species of humans, which has so little genetic diversity that there is also only one race, and that our species came about 200,000 years ago, stayed in Africa for 140,000 years and 60,000 years ago started roaming the planet.

In other words, that a very recent common origing can explain all the different phenotypes we see today. Most of the genetic diversity we see that comes from spontaneous mutation came about in that 140,000 years roaming around Africa (for out species more time had elapsed in Africa than outside it). In other words, many of the phenotypes we see around the planet today were already present in that small population that left Africa 60,000 years ago. 

Anyway, if this story holds out, it would go some way to explaining how that happened.

THE stunned black dad of a newborn, WHITE, baby girl declared yesterday — "I'm sure she's my kid ... I just don't know why she's BLONDE."

British Nmachi Ihegboro has amazed genetics experts who say the little girl is NOT an albino.

Dad Ben, 44, a customer services adviser, admitted: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her."

Mum Angela, 35, of Woolwich, South London, beamed as she said: "She's beautiful - a miracle baby."

Ben told yesterday how he was so shocked when Nmachi was born, he even joked: "Is she MINE?"

Little 'miracle' ... Nmachi Ihegboro PETER SIMPSON & NEIL HALL

He added: "Actually, the first thing I did was look at her and say, 'What the flip?'"

But as the baby's older brother and sister - both black - crowded round the "little miracle" at their home in South London, Ben declared: "Of course she's mine."

Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have ANY mixed-race family history.

Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby's appearance.

Ben also stressed: "My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.

"We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything."

Doctors at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup - where Angela, from nearby Woolwich, gave birth - have told the parents Nmachi is definitely no albino.

Ben, who came to Britain with his wife five years ago and works for South Eastern Trains, said: "She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books. She just looks like a healthy white baby."

He went on: "My mum is a black Nigerian although she has a bit fairer skin than mine.

"But we don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist.

"But even then, what is with the long curly blonde hair?"

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and Britain's leading expert, yesterday called the birth "extraordinary".

He said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."

Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed "some form of white ancestry" for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

But he added: "The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

Blonde bombshell ... parents show newborn
Nmachi to sister Dumebi and bruv Chisom yesterday PETER SIMPSON & NEIL HALL

The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation.

He admitted: "The rules of genetics are complex and we still don't understand what happens in many cases."

The amazing birth comes five years after Kylie Hodgson became mum to twin daughters - one white and the other black - in Nottingham.

Kylie, now 23, and her partner Remi Horder, now 21, are both mixed race.

Even so the odds were estimated at a million to one.

The Sun told in 2002 how a white couple had Asian twins after a sperm mix-up by a fertility clinic.

Yesterday three-day-old Nmachi's churchgoing mum Angela admitted that she was "speechless" at first seeing her baby girl, who was delivered in a caesarean op.

She said: "I thought, 'What is this little doll?'

"She's beautiful and I love her. Her colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby.

"But still, what on earth happened here?"

Her husband told how their son Chisom, four, was even more confused than them by his new sister.

Ben said: "Our other daughter Dumebi is only two so she's too young to understand.

"But our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and then sits down looking puzzled.

"We're a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister."

Ben continued: "Of course, we are baffled too and want to know what's happened. But we understand life is very strange.

"All that matters is that she's healthy and that we love her. She's a proud British Nigerian."

Queen Mary's Hospital said: "Congratulations to Angela and her family on the birth of their daughter."

• GOT a story? Ring The Sun on 020 7782 4104, text 63000 - or send an email to exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Comments

OneSmartRat
    OneSmartRat's picture
    MrK wrote: The most recent

MrK wrote:

The most recent theory of human evolution, the Out Of Africa theory, supported by the findings of dr. Richard Lewontin in the 1970s and recently the Human Genome Project, is that there is only one species of humans, which has so little genetic diversity that there is also only one race, and that our species came about 200,000 years ago, stayed in Africa for 140,000 years and 60,000 years ago started roaming the planet.

In other words, that a very recent common origing can explain all the different phenotypes we see today. Most of the genetic diversity we see that comes from spontaneous mutation came about in that 140,000 years roaming around Africa (for out species more time had elapsed in Africa than outside it). In other words, many of the phenotypes we see around the planet today were already present in that small population that left Africa 60,000 years ago. 

Anyway, if this story holds out, it would go some way to explaining how that happened.

THE stunned black dad of a newborn, WHITE, baby girl declared yesterday — "I'm sure she's my kid ... I just don't know why she's BLONDE."

British Nmachi Ihegboro has amazed genetics experts who say the little girl is NOT an albino.

Dad Ben, 44, a customer services adviser, admitted: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her."

Mum Angela, 35, of Woolwich, South London, beamed as she said: "She's beautiful - a miracle baby."

Ben told yesterday how he was so shocked when Nmachi was born, he even joked: "Is she MINE?"

Little 'miracle' ... Nmachi IhegboroPETER SIMPSON & NEIL HALL

He added: "Actually, the first thing I did was look at her and say, 'What the flip?'"

But as the baby's older brother and sister - both black - crowded round the "little miracle" at their home in South London, Ben declared: "Of course she's mine."

Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have ANY mixed-race family history.

Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby's appearance.

Ben also stressed: "My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.

"We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything."

Doctors at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup - where Angela, from nearby Woolwich, gave birth - have told the parents Nmachi is definitely no albino.

Ben, who came to Britain with his wife five years ago and works for South Eastern Trains, said: "She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books. She just looks like a healthy white baby."

He went on: "My mum is a black Nigerian although she has a bit fairer skin than mine.

"But we don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist.

"But even then, what is with the long curly blonde hair?"

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and Britain's leading expert, yesterday called the birth "extraordinary".

He said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."

Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed "some form of white ancestry" for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

But he added: "The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

Blonde bombshell ... parents show newborn
    Nmachi to sister Dumebi and bruv Chisom yesterdayPETER SIMPSON & NEIL HALL

The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation.

He admitted: "The rules of genetics are complex and we still don't understand what happens in many cases."

The amazing birth comes five years after Kylie Hodgson became mum to twin daughters - one white and the other black - in Nottingham.

Kylie, now 23, and her partner Remi Horder, now 21, are both mixed race.

Even so the odds were estimated at a million to one.

The Sun told in 2002 how a white couple had Asian twins after a sperm mix-up by a fertility clinic.

Yesterday three-day-old Nmachi's churchgoing mum Angela admitted that she was "speechless" at first seeing her baby girl, who was delivered in a caesarean op.

She said: "I thought, 'What is this little doll?'

"She's beautiful and I love her. Her colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby.

"But still, what on earth happened here?"

Her husband told how their son Chisom, four, was even more confused than them by his new sister.

Ben said: "Our other daughter Dumebi is only two so she's too young to understand.

"But our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and then sits down looking puzzled.

"We're a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister."

Ben continued: "Of course, we are baffled too and want to know what's happened. But we understand life is very strange.

"All that matters is that she's healthy and that we love her. She's a proud British Nigerian."

Queen Mary's Hospital said: "Congratulations to Angela and her family on the birth of their daughter."

GOT a story? Ring The Sun on 020 7782 4104, text 63000 - or send an email to exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

What? She's a "miracle" because she's Causasian-looking and blonde???

I thought ALLL babies were miracles!?

What about the other two kids? What are they supposed to think ...they aren't miracles?

How racist can you get? I mean it's so patently obvious by the manner in which this article was written. If this kid was a Black-looking child born to a Caucasian set of parents, nobody would be talking about a "miracle" baby. For sure there would be a lot of hand-wringing in THAT household;especially if the kid was born to a set of American parents in this country.

If these people lived here, I have no doubt Social Services would be 'investigating' and looking for some reason to snatch the kid for 'it's own good'  due to the "social demographic factor' and the "what's best for the child" rationale behind their control systems. i once worked in a school where a formerly abused and neglected Native American/Caucasian kid had been placed in foster care with a wonderful loving mother who happened to be Black ...when she tried to adopt her, the Social services Dept. swooped in and said "no way" and wrenched the child away form the mother she had known for five years (literally wrenched her away out of her arms with the kid screaming bloody murder) ....again, for the "child's own good." it was heartbreaking to see. Lucky for them they live in Africa.

Pro-Liberate!

-OSR

KevinConner
    KevinConner's picture
    ummm this story has already

ummm this story has already been proven to be a fraud.  It shouldn't have even been posted.

Stop trusting Rupert Murdoch.

MrK
    MrK's picture
    KevinConner wrote:ummm this

KevinConner wrote:
    ummm this story has already been proven to be a fraud.  It shouldn't have even been posted. Stop trusting Rupert Murdoch.
    Well if the story is a fraud - and I am not discounting anything - the findings of Richard Lewontin and the Human Genome project haven't changed. However, if you have a link to a website that  proves or states that it is a hoax, please share.

KevinConner
    KevinConner's picture
    1. This isn't the first white

1. This isn't the first white baby to come out of Nigeria that has turned out to be a fraud.

2. The possibility of having a genetic mutation that produces a perfectly blonde haired blue eyed caucasian baby from 2 very african parents without that baby having African features is in the 1 to 1 trillion. 

3. The parents are lying:

The parents claimed that the doctor ruled out albinism - but when asked:

"The first reports on the family's strange case had ruled out albinism, but the BBC says Nmachi's doctors have not ruled it out."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20011175-10391704.html

The parents also claimed there's no white blood in their family to account for the genetic changes and yet:

"Doctors also say Nmachi's parents may harbor long dormant Caucasian DNA from a long forgotten interracial coupling, according to the BBC. "

So again the parents are found in a lie.

When parents lie about their history, lie about albinism, and their baby has absolutely 0 physical african features (such as skull formation), then it's real difficult for me to believe they aren't lying about something else.

Now there is a mutation found in twins where one is dark and one almost looks caucasian, but the skeletal features remain the same and it is considered a form of albinism.  The physical evaluation of the baby, however, does not match this pattern.

MrK
    MrK's picture
    KevinConner wrote: 1. This

KevinConner wrote:

1. This isn't the first white baby to come out of Nigeria that has turned out to be a fraud.

2. The possibility of having a genetic mutation that produces a perfectly blonde haired blue eyed caucasian baby from 2 very african parents without that baby having African features is in the 1 to 1 trillion. 

3. The parents are lying:

The parents claimed that the doctor ruled out albinism - but when asked:

"The first reports on the family's strange case had ruled out albinism, but the BBC says Nmachi's doctors have not ruled it out."

Albinism wouldn't give her straight blonde hair. So the parents are not 'lying'.

Quote:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20011175-10391704.html

The parents also claimed there's no white blood in their family to account for the genetic changes and yet:

"Doctors also say Nmachi's parents may harbor long dormant Caucasian DNA from a long forgotten interracial coupling, according to the BBC. "

So again the parents are found in a lie.

It does not. The doctors didn't say how distant - 200 years, 20,000 years? 'May harbor long dormant Caucasian DNA from a long forgotten interracial coupling' does not turn the parents into liars.

In fact, if that would be the case, the child would look mixed race, not white. And for her to have blue eyes and blonde hair, there would have to be caucasian ancestry on both parents families, as both blonde hair and blue eyes are both recessive traits.

And albinos look like black people without pigmentation. She doesn't.

KevinConner
    KevinConner's picture
    There are multiple forms of

There are multiple forms of albinism, and not only did their doctors but the BBC also stated that albinism wasn't ruled out.  Why should I believe you?  The parents obviously lied about what their doctor said.

Being Forgotten and saying "I don't know" and flat out claiming that there never was any white blood in their heritage are two completely different things.  That's what makes them lying.

Quote:
    And albinos look like black people without pigmentation. She doesn't.

Hrm... so you admit what I said earlier:  the baby doesn't appear to retain the family features - i.e. "there's a high likelihood it's not their child".