Hypocrisy of the Left and Right: Made In America and Corporations

1 post / 0 new

I've come to the conclusion that the only radio personalities I know who truly cares about Made In America and Anti-Corporate Establishmentism are Norman Goldman, Ed Schultz and --- I think the other is Stephanie Miller, because all others pick fights specifically and only with large corporations and corporate names without actually doing anything about it.

Even then, with their Recession Busting, they DO NOT DO ENOUGH!

When was the last time you ever heard a radio personality attack the United States Copyright Office for failing to enforce corporate infringements against small business/artists? This complaint has been in the newspapers, repeatedly! But nobody else cares to mention it.

When was the last time you heard a radio personality attack the United States Copyright Office for dramatically increasing costs for paper filing, trying to force people to use their faulty electronic filing system? Little FYI - The Electronic FIling System for the US Copyright Office only works for certain applications, it loses applications, it cannot be used on slower computers or connections, it repeatedly crashes. The Electronic FIling System has also caused a massive cost increase that is being cost adjusted to the PAPER Applicants.

This directly punishes people who don't have enough money for a high speed computer, the internet access, or those who have unique filing requirements that is not fulfilled by the EFS. It's a massive corporate oriented shift.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure it's a violation of a few federal statutes regarding fair fee schedules.

Nobody outside of select newspapers are coming down on the US LoC.

When was the last time you heard a radio personality directly attack the United States Patent and Trademark Offices for the abusive process that forces people to hire a lawyer. That IS against Federal Law. But, it's not being enforced. Believe me, it's not optional. I don't give a crap how many times the USPTO says "oh it's optional". You will be rejected on every single attempt to file your application if you do not have a legal headder on your file. I had problems with one particular examiner who - despite having proof that he broke 2 major federal laws - still has his job because you can't fire examiners. Well, they "could", but do you know how hard it is to find someone who has been through 4 years of Lawschool and is willing to take the weak paycheck examiners get?

This is completely oriented towards corporate control and against small businesses who otherwise would make their products in America.

When was the last time you heard a radio personality demand - repeatedly - that the Federal Government needs to pass and enforce stricter laws on underselling price gouging practices? I want to see a massive fine slapped on Wal-Mart every time they build a warehouse next to a department store, then marks their wares down to less than 10% over wholesale - taking a massive operations loss until they drive teh other departments store into bankruptsy. It literally destroys the surrounding economy by reducing the pay of 100 people for every super wal-mart, and increasing the loss of the city by the bankruptsy and layoffs of the next door department store. This favors large corporations who can lose 1-2 million a year on a store in order to drive out local competition.

All I hear from the left and right are attacks on massive issues that cannot be won, without even remotely attempting to address the small issues of the day, the small issues you find on main street.

There's much, much more.

KevinConner's picture
KevinConner

Currently Chatting

End. Fracking. Now!

California is already dealing with the worst drought in that state's history. So, the last thing residents needed was to learn that some of their dwindling water supply has been contaminated.