Unnecessary, Immoral Wars

4 posts / 0 new

As a Vet who was in an unnecessary, immoral war, I am profoundly disappointed with Barack Obama! He's every bit as bad as Bush!

proud.liberal's picture
proud.liberal

Comments

Quantify your assertion.

KevinConner's picture
KevinConner
Quote proud.liberal:

As a Vet who was in an unnecessary, immoral war, I am profoundly disappointed with Barack Obama! He's every bit as bad as Bush!

Yes, I sadly agree. we had such hopes, even though, early on, i recognized who and WHAT Obama was/is ...much like Fox Mulder... I WANTED to believe.Admittedly, I was in denial.

The obscene irony of this man getting the Nobel "Peace" Prize is yet another slap in the face to those of us are true-believers in justice and peace on the global stage.

Pro-Liberate!

-OSR

OneSmartRat's picture
OneSmartRat

The Nobel Peace Prize has always been a joke. It's extremely tiring to hear the complaints about Barack getting it and how the Nobel Committee betrayed them, when the Peace Prize has been given to genocidal maniacs as they were committing genocide. I'll venture a guess that maybe half of the recepients of the Peace Prize awards have ever been deserving of them.

Although I should point out - we are in Afghanistan to prevent India from starting a war over the trans-asian oil/gas pipeline. We are lying and saying it's to protect home from terrorist insurgents to get the congressional votes necessarry to fulfill our obligations to the UN and NATO - so I'd hardly call it an "unjust war".

He has also begun pulling out of Iraq (which is slowly happening).

KevinConner's picture
KevinConner

Currently Chatting

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.