Video of a very pissed off Anthony Weiner on the 9/11 Health & Compensation Act

9 posts / 0 new

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) On the 9/11 Health and Compensation Act

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AG0ddWf9TQ

I love this guy. We so desperately need more of his caliber & passion.

Another video of him trying to reason with another member on the same bill. You may have to turn the sound way up on this. (At least I had to.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4mh4sWFM44&NR=1

csernica

Comments

Yeah, I like the passion.

Common_Man_Jason's picture
Common_Man_Jason

It's encouraging to see an impassioned Senator! It infuriates me to see how the responders to 9/11 are being treated by Washington. I know people who gave up their week-ends to fly from their home in Florida, to New York to help out at ground zero. They told me about the lingering air quality; how oppressive and toxic it was. To refuse to give aid to the first responders, defies reason and humanity. The names of every politician who oppossed it, should have their names published in a full page ad. Titled: Let Them Die. They make me sick. This takes their goal of bringing down Obama, to a new low. Their names should be posted in their home town's newspaper, so as to alert the first responders there. Obviously, I am very angry and venting. However I do believe every American should know their names. The only reason I think they can live with themselves, is because they are politicians!

Why can't the Dems get a spine?! They should be vocal about this slap in the face to these men and women! I would write my supposedly very influential senator, as I have many times, but I know he never sees it...his aides do. The last thing I want to receive, is another form letter,telling me he appreciates my concern..then going into all he has sponsored, and accomplished. From where I'm sitting, I only see massive cave ins by all Dems in Washington! Why can't the president get it?! He's going to cause us to lose votes, and possibly control of the house, come November! He needs to call Republicans by name, not skirt around it. He isn't teaching school now. He needs to learn to play with the big boys! It's already August. and he's running out of time to stand up for the middle class!

I appologize for my scattered, long-winded rant!

Thank you!

RosieRN

rosiern

I for one enjoy your passion. We need more of it. You need apologize for Nothing. Thanks. P.S.: I also agree with the idea of putting the members of the Senate and Congress that oppose this bill up front and center on it. Just plain hypocrisy to one day, declare a war and have as part of its battle cry be to remember those first responders and then now turn a deaf ear to them in their time of suffering on account of their heroic actions on September 11, 2001.

drew013's picture
drew013

I can’t imagine how different things would be in Washington if we had more Anthony Weiners speaking out about the Republicans and how wrong they are most of the time.

U2can's picture
U2can

Mr Weaner is....frustrated..........

...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor little Weaner.

Another lonely night of rejection.

slabmaster

Slab, do you have anything constructive to add here? Or just attacking another Democrat, just because he is in fact a Dem.

Tell us what you think of the Republicans blocking health care for men and women who risked their lives to help others on or after 9/11?

Come on, this type of comment is beneath you. Act like an adult and address the issue, or excuse yourself from the table.

meljomur's picture
meljomur

Seems to me Rep. Weiner showed himself to be an out of control hothead. Perhaps Teddy Kennedy was the best in showing outrage, but his was for democratic and egalitarian ideals - the minimum wage, universal healthcare - issues central to the democratic party. Mr. Weiner was upset because he wasn't getting cooperation on helping the emergency workers from 9/11 who now suffer from disease caused by exposure. I am not saying these people, city and state workers, don't deserve help and compensation for the results of their bravery on that horrible day. In fact I think they do. But I question if it is the federal government's responsibility to provide follow-up healthcare in this situation. Did Rep. Weiner go ballistic when thousands died, were infected with mold, and became homeless because of Katrina? Does he go ballistic about the continuing slaughter in Afganistan, the millions of displaced people, the destroyed infrastructure of both Iraq and Afganistan? Does he? But on the emotionally charged world trade center bombing, used by Republicans as a tool for told and untold evil policies and laws, he jumps on the bandwagon. Yee-haa.

If we are going to show outrage, how about in the vein of Rep. Grayson, or Senator Sanders, or Rep. Kucinich. I think there is alot of room for rage, especially over the two illegal wars, occupations of destruction, that just keep going on. How about some real, serious outrage about the continued funding, in the House, for this madness?

But this ego-based tirade or Rep. Weiner, as much as I like seeing outrage on the House floor, could have been better spent. And I question if it is the federal governments responsibility here. If so, I bet there is a very long line waiting to form, all over this country, of people who were, by no fault of their own, chronically injured in the line of duty of their particular profession.

dhavid
Quote meljomur:

Slab, do you have anything constructive to add here? Or just attacking another Democrat, just because he is in fact a Dem.[quote] I don't care if he's a Dem. I only poke fun at a grandstanding weaner.

[quote]Tell us what you think of the Republicans blocking health care for men and women who risked their lives to help others on or after 9/11?

Pork laden, hastily written, hurry hurry push it through, appeal to "feelings", type of bills that are ungodly expensive and wasteful, need to be challenged. I'm glad some people in congress challege spending bills. Parts of it I agree with, some parts I don't. The frustrated weaner wants to get on the news by acting like a spoiled child in a supermarket line that was told "no". He's an ass.

Come on, this type of comment is beneath you. Act like an adult and address the issue, or excuse yourself from the table.
The issue is Mr Weaner's silly outbursts and grandstanding. The funny thing is he was directing his tantrum at Rep King, who voted the same way the Weaner did. Because King is a Repub, he was cast as "evil". Typical.

The Weaner is a prick.....

slabmaster

Currently Chatting

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.