Worst Decade Ever

5 posts / 0 new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPuNU_meEc

slabmaster

Comments

Worst decade this century for sure, also worst decade this millennium. All caused by a Kennedy [SCOTUS Kennedy], or a woman[Sandra Day O'conner] or actually Reagan, because he appointed Sandy. Reagan is responsible for every thing wrong in this country today, the same way the six degrees of Kevin Bacon exercise works, six degrees of Reagan works.

One optimistic note, because both the century and and the millenium started out with such extremely low standards of well being, as a baseline everything will be up, going forward. Unless the body politic [as the you tube categorizes it, worst polical decade] is infected with a terminal cancer [I think it is], this is probably the best it will ever be, you just experienced the peak.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote douglaslee:

Worst decade this century for sure, also worst decade this millennium. All caused by a Kennedy [SCOTUS Kennedy], or a woman[Sandra Day O'conner] or actually Reagan, because he appointed Sandy. Reagan is responsible for every thing wrong in this country today, the same way the six degrees of Kevin Bacon exercise works, six degrees of Reagan works.

One optimistic note, because both the century and and the millenium started out with such extremely low standards of well being, as a baseline everything will be up, going forward. Unless the body politic [as the you tube categorizes it, worst polical decade] is infected with a terminal cancer [I think it is], this is probably the best it will ever be, you just experienced the peak.

I disagree with the blame Reagan scapegoat, but I an optimistic about the future. Hopefully the coutry will wake up and realize they have been flim flammed by Obama and his band of theives. I look forward to hope and change. 2010 mid terms will be a start.

slabmaster

Going from the frying pan into the fire in 2010 with a Repugnant take-over may come with the fanfare of "hope"...and neo-liberal economics shared by both parties assure no change.

Just more flim flam, Slab. We'll go the way of every other country that's applied neo-liberalism full bore...outsourcing, privatization, trickle down and favoring finance over producing things...mass destitution.

The U.S. won't be the single exception to economics turned upside down to favor a financial oligarchy..

AND...U.S. politicians have missed their calling. They should apply for jobs as circus clowns rather than turning Congress and the White House into the "Big Top".

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

http://pr.thinkprogress.org/ I have to revise my comment early in this thread. I thought the senate was hopeless and dysfunctional, but the link posted shows some much needed procedural changes might have a chance.

MOMENTUM FOR REFORM: Scott Lilly, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, wrote a report in March calling for procedure reform because of the "systemic failure" of the Senate's modern operation. Fortunately, support for reform is building. At Netroots Nation in July, Reid "expressed his support for filibuster reform." Sen. Tom Udall (D-NM) has a proposal deemed "the constitutional option" that would let 50 senators -- with a tie-breaking vote from Biden -- vote to change the filibuster rules once a new Congress convenes in January. Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR) has been another vocal reform proponent, recently releasing a statement describing its intent: "This isn't about giving one party or the other more power, it's about getting things done and honoring the will of the American people." Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO) has offered a separate bill that would "eliminate anonymous holds, limit holds without bipartisan support to two days, and limit all holds to 30 days." The measure would also "require 41 senators to vote to uphold the filibuster, reversing the current requirement that 60 senators vote to stop it," putting "the onus of organizing support on those who are filibustering." Senior Senate Democrats, including Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Tom Harkin (D-IA), support mending the rules, as does former vice-president and former Senator Walter Mondale. The American public supports letting a simple majority pass bills in the Senate by 50 percent to 44 percent.

Of course this part is followed on the Think Progress issue of the 'new' republican jobs bill. 7 trillion in tax cuts to corporations. Capital gains to 0, corp tax to 12.5 from 35, but remember that deficit has to come down, so we have to teach grandma how to make catfood casserol.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.