Is BP relooping the video feed?

2 posts / 0 new

While corporate felon BP just announced that the "static kill" operation had achieved the "desired outcome" of temporarily controlling the flow of oil, oil industry expert Bob Cavnar is not buying the rosy evaluation. In an MSNBC interview, he said, "You don't know if that well's actually killed down below. Because of all the damage down below, it could be flowing into another zone, it could be flowing some place else into the substrata. The only way you kill this well is with the relief well from down below." When asked if the underwater video feed is legitimate, Cavnar laughed and replied, "It's very interesting. I got up early this morning . ... I was very concerned about this connector I've been talking about for the last couple of weeks. They had a good shot of that so I watched that for a while ... came back about 30 minutes later, and it replayed. And I noticed that the time was an hour and a half behind the current time. So they were relooping some of the video feed, and it was not live."

louisehartmann's picture
louisehartmann

Comments

Gee, Louise, we better tell Obama so he can do something about it.

Dusty's picture
Dusty

Currently Chatting

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.