Bush and Obama: Wage war for same reasons

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
pilsner
pilsner's picture

Thom and community,

The harshest indictment of Bush on the show is that he waged the Iraq War to build political power. Thom has played Cindy Sheehan's quote of Bush from 1999 that he would invade Iraq for political capital dozens of times on the show.

But Obama's reasons for escalating in Afghanistan is the same reason---political in nature. Obama figured that he could not de-escalate two wars at the same time or risk being called weak on national security. I believe the Afghanistan war policy is political in nature and not for strategic reasons.

Thom's right that the liberal circular firing squad is a bad idea. But the foundation of Obama's war strategy is Bushian and we should call the Obama admin out for it.

Comments

Volitzer
Volitzer's picture
Bush and Obama take their

Bush and Obama take their orders from the Bilderbergers.

dhavid
"But Obama's reasons for

"But Obama's reasons for escalating in Afghanistan is the same reason---political in nature. Obama figured that he could not de-escalate two wars at the same time or risk being called weak on national security. I believe the Afghanistan war policy is political in nature and not for strategic reasons."

I agree, Obama's reasoning probably went as you say.  He didn't want to appear weak.  Here is a relatively young man, too young to really remember Vietnam and it's horror, and ALL THE GENERALS with their pomp and circumstance, Trained Killers with LOTS OF POWER  AND PRESTIGE- He wasn't old enough with life experience, nor wisdom, nor did he have the inner strength to STAND UP, say as Dennis Kucinich would do, to the generals and the whole establishment about these Illegal Wars and the War Criminals responsible for them. Also, he has never openly discussed the overall dynamics behind the entire conflict - that there are two sides to every story.

Let's hope the man wakes up. To be fair, his task was, and is, unbelievably difficult. Especially with the insane, bought and sold, republican wackos - only shadows of true human beings - heartless, greedy, ruthless, vacuous and empty.  But he made  wrong decisions and bad policy - and the American killing machine marches on.