The Crisis of Middle America

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
meljomur
meljomur's picture

Perhaps its because I also have an autistic son, but I challenge anyone to be completely dry eyed at the end of this article.  

Well I suppose many conservative may not care, afterall they are only working 4 jobs between 2 people!

Let me know if you can't read it.

Comments

captbebops
captbebops's picture
Thanks for the link to the

Thanks for the link to the article.   It's s good one to throw in front of the face of our "tough love" cons on this board.  It underscores just how these people were "sold" the LOCs and refinancing and not that they were "foolish" enough to buy them.   I see the American middle class like Wiley Coyote in the Road Runner cartoons where he has run off the cliff and is just now looking down to discover he has run past the edge of the cliff and is trying desperately to get back.

This was all planned so the Republithugs could buy out the middle class for pennies on the dollar.  This is why I didn't want the big banks bailed out in 2008.  As I predicted (and confirmed by my congressman sitting at a table next to me at Starbucks the week after the bailout) all that money went to the old European banks who were screaming at Bush for their money.  Better to let the rich fail and level the playing field.

My tune on that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISRrywXZRDY

And coming soon my "Working for a Dollar a Day" video.

kwikfix
To the Republicans, 911,

To the Republicans, 911, Katrina, Milwaukee bridge collapse, and phony wars were never crises. To the Republicans, having a Black man for a President is a crisis.

captbebops
captbebops's picture
And here's what will happen

And here's what will happen if the Republithugs win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXgXf1bVXs

meljomur
meljomur's picture
Thanks capt.  I liked that

Thanks capt.  I liked that video.  Do you really think it will get to a point where Americans are working for a dollar a day?  God, I hope the madness stops before that point.

I have noticed over the last 5-6 months more and more ariticles in the British press about the peril of the middle class in the USA.  Its interesting when papers such as the FT start printing these types of stories.  I get the sense its a wake up call to the British.  'Hey Brits, pay attention, or in a few years time this could be the face of Britian as well...' 

Although at least in the UK, everyone has equal access to health care, and you don't have to worry about working your entire life to ensure adequate coverage for you and your family.

captbebops
captbebops's picture
Glad you liked the video. 

Glad you liked the video.  "Dollar" in the video is somewhat metaphoric but what I think we're going towards.  People are definitely getting paid less for doing more work.   Somebody needs to figure out what the US economy should have looked liked over the last 30 years if it hadn't spun so much out of balance.  I've heard the last time the US economy was in balance was sometime in the early 1970s.