FAUX Noise at/is the McDonalds of news.

2 posts / 0 new

I went to McDonalds to post the following complaint, and when I sent it to Thom he said I should post it here, so here it is;

Thank you for visiting McDonald's website. Below is your email which has been submitted to McDonald's Customer Response Center. While replies to this e-mail cannot be received, should you need to contact us again, please feel free to contact us through mcdonalds.com. Thank you.

Title: Dr.
First Name: Allen
Last Name: Harris
Mailing Address: XXX

City: XXX
State: VA
Zip: #####
Day Phone:
Evening Phone:
Contact Time: none
Your E-mail Address: vahid_99@yahoo.com
Date: 08/11/2010 09:30 PM

Visit Type: In-Store
RestAddress: 1206 Courthouse Rd
RestCity: Petersburg
RestState: VA
RestLandmark: next to BP station, but otherwise in the boonies

Comment: This restaurant plays FOX News (or FAUX Noise) station 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If asked to change it, they will tell you that it has to stay on that station because if they "change it for one, they have to change it for everybody". That's a bunch of BS because at the time there was no one else in the restaurant.

If they have to keep it on one station and one station only, I cannot think of a more controversial, divisive, and offensively lying station than FAUX Noise, not even Al Jazeera. I don't like to hear it because of my religious sensibilities - "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." Plus, I don't want to have to have a fist-fight because I have to openly point out where the lies are (another requirement of my religious sensibilities).

If you are going to have a default channel where the station stays forever, then you can do much better than the FAUX Noise, perhaps something more family oriented and that everyone can watch peacefully like Disney or the Cartoon Network.

Vahid's picture
Vahid

Comments

Yeaaaaa!!! Bravo!!!! Thankfully my local McD's franchise owner doesn't have the same policy.

If I ever run across the same problem, I will copy and paste your letter...even though I'm not religious. Nice work dude.

Barbazza's picture
Barbazza

Currently Chatting

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.