Why Don't "Celebrities" Lead the Way?

6 posts / 0 new

I've had this question bubbling in my mind for some time: why don't the progressive radio and tv hosts, liberal journalists and the like ever put their 'money where there mouth is' when it comes to marching and protesting with the people? I mean, I understand the massive amount of good information people like Mr. Hartmann spread and I know how dangerous it might be career-wise to 'make' news. But, it seems to me, that the value of a Thom Hartmann or Amy Goodman, any of the MSNBC folks like Rachel Maddow or Ed Schultz, or any other progressive with a national face marching with protesters here in Arizona or taking part in an anti-Tea Party rally somewhere would be such a boon to an issue. Hell, if Keith Obermann got arrested demonstrating for same-sex marriage it would call more attention to that cause than a week's worth of shows. It's obvious that Democrat politicians are afraid to put it on the line and stand with us. So, why don't celebrities join us when we take to the streets?

Just a thought.

bluesax's picture
bluesax

Comments

I like your "Thought",i like this better "Senator Hartmann". Can you imagine help for Al Franken and Bernie Sanders and Barabar Lee,with help like that in the government,we could get rid of the "cancer". I told Thom he could still do his show from Congress(where their`s will,their`s a way) And just think, they have a base already,they have no problem beating a corrupt money candidate who have done nothing for the people.I Love your thought,lets take it to another level.Anybody agree, please send a message to our progressive "hosts".

tayl44's picture
tayl44

All of the Celebraties could show up to the anti-Tea Party rallies. That'd make 9 people total.

slabmaster

You`re right,Celebraties is the wrong word.I would use well known and respected progressive media hosts. Have a better idea?

tayl44's picture
tayl44

Do you mean like Wienie Reagan?

kwikfix

Who`s that? No I don`t want to know!

tayl44's picture
tayl44

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.