No Good from Buring the Quran

4 posts / 0 new

I listened the interview with Pastor Jones about burning the Quran. I have a childhood friend from my hometown in Ohio that has been a pastor for the past five years for a Methodist church, he changed careers after working the business world for about 15 years. I called him and joking asked if he was planning a Quran burning this Saturday. We discussed this in more detail and he brought to my attention that there is really absolutely no good that come from this Quran burning. The town he is pastor in is a very economically depressed and he is very progressive thinking and has a difficult time bringing new members into the church.

My friend mentioned that this is makes his job more difficult now too. When there is a crazy person on the air like this Pastor Jones spreading this hate, this will make it harder to get people to make the first effort to go to church because they will associate all churches with this crazy Pastor Jones.

There is nothing good that come from this action. Yes Pastor Jones is free to do this but there are so many negatives that come from this. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share that he is even making other pastor's jobs more difficult.

bateman007

Comments

Thom!!! You single handedly made the story about this mans religious terrorism in Germany FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!! I just read this story on Yahoo news and You deffinetly were the one to break this story. Thanks for all you do to help us get the whole story and stay informed.

vgraves's picture
vgraves

SEND the guy the bill $$$ for what his actions cost our government to defend itself. Already people have died in protest of this idiot.

ceekayel's picture
ceekayel
Quote vgraves:

Thom!!! You single handedly made the story about this mans religious terrorism in Germany FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!! I just read this story on Yahoo news and You deffinetly were the one to break this story. Thanks for all you do to help us get the whole story and stay informed.

To my recollection, Thom was the ONLY one to discuss this. Unless I missed it, even the left-wingers in the corporate media neglected to mention it.

RyanClark's picture
RyanClark

Currently Chatting