Hartmann v. Medved debate

13 posts / 0 new

Hey,

I was lucky enough to see Thom mop the floor with Michal Medved last night. Thom's command of the subject matter completely outclassed the former film critic.

Also, Thom's side of the hall was fun, rambunctious, loud and fired up. Where's the liberal demoralization the media's been talking about?

Thanks for coming out Thom. It was a great, riotous and informative night!

havenot's picture
havenot

Comments

Very well said, havenot.

Thom's command of the subject matter completely outclassed the former film critic. ABSOLUTELY!

ttdesigns's picture
ttdesigns

Thanks. Were you there last night?

havenot's picture
havenot

I went, I thought it was pretty fun actually. There were a few areas that garnered applause from both sides of the room but for the most part, I thought Thom ran a clinic on Medved.

I have nothing but respect for Hartmann, even though I strongly diasagree with a lot of his outlooks when it comes to economic matters, I still REALLY enjoy his show simply because he is very well educated and very smart, it's great to hear opposing arguments that are well spoken and he's an incredible voice for the Progressive population.

I'd like to see a different opponent for Thom next time, Medved was almost cannon fodder. There were a few spots where Medved kinda got the last word in a very effective manner but at the end of the day I think Thom simply outclassed him.

Cheesebone's picture
Cheesebone

Does anyone have any idea if this second debate between the two was taped and online? (Their first debate has been posted on YouTube for a while now).

Thanks

maybush1's picture
maybush1

Yep, I was there!

ttdesigns's picture
ttdesigns

Has it yet been uploaded online anywhere?

maybush1's picture
maybush1

@cheesebone: Agreed. I suspect that many folks on the right are afraid to debate Hartmann. I give Medved lots of credit for showing up... twice!

@ttdesigns: Wasn't it a real party atmosphere for the left? I hope the 'demoralized left' narrative that the corporate media is selling turns out to be B.S on Tuesday. Last night our side was fired up.

@maybush1: Thom loaded the first debate on youtube. I hope he loads this one as well.

havenot's picture
havenot

i was there! the whole 2 hours was riveting. Thom was fact-based and reasonable and on fire! Medved was at sea. The best Medved could do was try to pin Thom in a corner by saying Thom thought Americans were stupid.

billashby's picture
billashby

There's a podcast at http://chicagosprogressivetalk.com/podcasts/

SueN's picture
SueN

Yeah, my wife and I were there, and yes Thom made us proud. Unfortunately we made the mistake of sitting on the right side, not noticing the red baloons until the room was full; so we were stuck there. But, it turned out good because we got a good look at the Righties faces when Thom answered issues in an intelligent manner that actually made sense. Their eyes kinda glazed over and their mouths hung open just a bit. In contrast, most of what Medved did was push those same old cliche emotional buttons that have no substance behind them, but simply get people riled up. Also, it was fun to cheer when everyone around you was booing!

TChamp3121's picture
TChamp3121

Maybe the ahhswhole Stossel would volunteer.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

I still think I'd love to see a debate with him & Peter Schiff. I can't think of a better opponent. Schiff is extremely quick with words and a fantastic speaker, and on top of that he actually really, really knows what he's talking about. That's why I like Thom - even though I disagree with him pretty frequently, he's probably the best voice FOR those thoughts out there, absolutely solid delivery of points, extremely well educated, and flat out knows what he's talking about. I enjoy hearing Thom steamroll challengers even if I may support the challengers position instead.

The reason I would gladly pay to see a debate with him & Schiff is because I honestly don't think he'd win it. (for once, lol)

Cheesebone's picture
Cheesebone

Currently Chatting