List of some of the 375 bills BLOCKED by republicans in Senate

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
csernica

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/2010/10/want-proof-that-the-republican-party-is-against-the-people.html#tp

Example: While the Lilly Ledbetter Act became law..the Paycheck Fairness Act has never been passed....the party of no obstructed it.

Comments

Elbridge
Elbridge's picture
Shouldn't the title reflect

Shouldn't the title reflect that 375 bills Failed to pass due to Democrats bad ideas. Almost all of those Bills failed to get even Democrat consensus. It's pretty bad when your own party thinks they suck also.

SueN
SueN's picture
Well, if they thought they

Well, if they thought they did not go far enough, then that is a problem for the Democratic leadership to deal with, and those voters who voted them in. If they thought they went too far, then that is a problem for the people who voted them in.

But if it is a case of the Republicans filibustering, then it is time that conservatives voted in politicians who are actually able and willing to vote.

csernica
as Milt Shook states, the

as Milt Shook states, the bills that he is citing are:

"a list of bills that were passed by Democrats in Congress, and blocked by ALL of the Republicans in the Senate. Most of these bills had zero Republican votes in the House; a few of them had a handful of votes. A couple of them were even proposed by a Republican in the House. But every single one of these bills is being blocked by every single Republican in the Senate, all of whom are working in lockstep to prevent a vote. Keep in mind, there are enough Democrats willing to vote for these bills, most if not all of these bills could be law right now, if Republicans – ALL of them – weren’t using procedural measures to prevent the vote."

Remember, that what is being done...the votes that are in lockstep with one another...is exactly what they said they would do in 2007..."The strategy of being obstructionist can work or fail…and so far it's working for us."
--Trent Lott, Roll Call, April 18th 

They have been knowingly voting against any bills that would/could help our country, because they believe that  continued misery in this nation will gain them electoral victory in November. 

Elbridge
Elbridge's picture
Am I the only one out of

Am I the only one out of sheer curiosity clicked on the Link and noticed there are only 28 bills of the so called 375 listed.

One does wonder how will we function as a civilization without the H.R. 320 -- CJ’s Home Protection Act that mandated mobile homes come with a weather alert radios. Or the H.R. 1258 – The Truth in Caller ID Act.

makuck
makuck's picture
Republicans voted against a

Republicans voted against a bill that would tax imports of companies who outsourced to China and would give a tax-free-ride to companies who manufactured in America.

Obviously, based on that single bill, republicans are anti-America. Every single republican voted against it, because this was one bill that was dang good and would have created jobs IN AMERICA. They don't want manufacturing here, they want it in China. If republicans want American jobs to go to China so bad they should take their own jobs and go there.. permanently, because obviously they don't give a damn about Americans.

csernica
Like the title said...this

Like the title said...this was a list of "SOME" of the 375 bills.

Elbridge
Elbridge's picture
csernica wrote: Like the

csernica wrote:

Like the title said...this was a list of "SOME" of the 375 bills.

Are you sure there were 375? Kind of an exact number, yet we are 347 short.

What is with the Spamming? You think an incomplete list with a political ambiguous flame heading is worthy of 3 threads.

csernica
If you had bothered to look

If you had bothered to look at the other 2 threads...you would have seen that they are not duplicate lists of bills filibustered by the Republicans...but 3 unique thread/lists. (Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3)

Also, what part of the words "some" & "partial"  do you not understand? Nobody ever said it was going to be a complete list. Over 60 of these bills listed thus far, is not enough to get the point across to you, that the Republicans care only about point scoring & political power as opposed to what is best for the citizens of our country? They are filibustering EVERYTHING in LOCKSTEP with each other, so that the country will continue to spiral downward during Obama's presidency...so that the politically uninformed electorate will think that the Dems can't or won't change things. Do you truly not see that, or are you just pretending to not see it?

And "spamming"? What on earth are you talking about???....these are posts on a message board...not bulk e-mails sent to peoples mailboxes.

Elbridge
Elbridge's picture
csernica wrote: If Over 60 of

csernica wrote:

If Over 60 of these bills listed thus far, is not enough to get the point across to you,

Why don't you wait till you have 375. I'll wait till you hit 100 before I check actually republican filibustering, vs. bills that just die a natural death.

Quote:
so that the country will continue to spiral downward during Obama's presidency...so that the politically uninformed electorate will think that the Dems can't or won't change things

Have you ever considered that they may be simply political opposed to the bill on ideological grounds or structural grounds and not for the insidious reason of wanting Obama to fail?

csernica
Elbridge wrote:  Have you

Elbridge wrote:

Have you ever considered that they may be simply political opposed to the bill on ideological grounds or structural grounds and not for the insidious reason of wanting Obama to fail?

I might have...except they made their intentions known, when their representatives said for example:

"The strategy of being obstructionist can work or fail…and so far it's working for us."
--Trent Lott, Roll Call, April 18th 

vinninexus
vinninexus's picture
Shouldnt you do that if your

Shouldnt you do that if your so sure there is some sort of mistake? I wish you would of then maybe I would consider your post as somthing of a contribution!

Bush_Wacker
Bush_Wacker's picture
Elbridge wrote:Am I the only

Elbridge wrote:
Am I the only one out of sheer curiosity clicked on the Link and noticed there are only 28 bills of the so called 375 listed. One does wonder how will we function as a civilization without the H.R. 320 -- CJ’s Home Protection Act that mandated mobile homes come with a weather alert radios. Or the H.R. 1258 – The Truth in Caller ID Act.

I guess that H.R. 320 bill might have come in handy this past week or so.  It may have saved lives.