Olbermann book sale blocked on Amazon: coincidence?

7 posts / 0 new

Keith Olbermann's current book "Pitchforks and Torches" is at this moment blocked from being sold new on the Amazon website. The notation reads:

"Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

This is the 1st time I've seen this notation in years of Amazon shopping. Does anyone smell a rat?

RandyWinn's picture
Jul. 31, 2007 3:01 pm

How is something wrong with the way a book is shipped? I'd presume that Amazon ships all books the same way.

I smell a rat called censorship.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

Yea, because there is a shortage of places to buy books online...

It's completely nonsensical that they would not sell a high profile book based on politics, likely they just ran out and someone put up the wrong message.

Edit; I just looked and it seems to be for sale to me...

Gotitdone's picture
Sep. 21, 2010 11:11 am

Yea, it's for sale for me too... I've bought lots of far left and controversial books from Amazon.. half of Thoms books, a Qua-ran, the apocrapha- books that were denied from the bible.. etc, I honestly don't think they are censoring anything, they will sell anything they can make money on.

makuck's picture
Mar. 31, 2010 9:13 pm

You guys do know that the UK site "The Book Depository" is generally comparably priced to Amazon, but has free shipping?

Barliman's picture

buz's picture

What about the Kindle edition? If it's still unavailable, then...

jeremiahf's picture
Feb. 24, 2011 9:57 am

Latest Headlines

Obama to veto legislation on refugee screening

President Barack Obama would veto a Republican bill introduced in the wake of the Paris attacks to toughen the screening process for Syrian refugees

New York officials: No credible ISIS threat against city

There is no credible threat to New York City at this time, officials said

China denies torturing political prisoners

A Chinese delegation denied mistreatement of prisoners held in police stations and deaths in custody

How Stupid Has the Democratic Party Become?

Republicans haven’t taken over red states; Democrats have lost them by not running as real Democrats.

That’s my big takeaway from Alec MacGillis’ fascinating look into the biggest political mystery of our time: why poor white people in red states are not bothering to turn out to vote, leaving the field to Republicans elected by more affluent whites in those states.