Olbermann book sale blocked on Amazon: coincidence?

7 posts / 0 new

Keith Olbermann's current book "Pitchforks and Torches" is at this moment blocked from being sold new on the Amazon website. The notation reads:

"Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

--------

This is the 1st time I've seen this notation in years of Amazon shopping. Does anyone smell a rat?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470614471/ref=ox_ya_os_product

RandyWinn's picture
RandyWinn

Comments

How is something wrong with the way a book is shipped? I'd presume that Amazon ships all books the same way.

I smell a rat called censorship.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Yea, because there is a shortage of places to buy books online...

It's completely nonsensical that they would not sell a high profile book based on politics, likely they just ran out and someone put up the wrong message.

Edit; I just looked and it seems to be for sale to me...

http://www.amazon.com/Pitchforks-Torches-Worst-Posturing-Republicans/dp/...

Gotitdone's picture
Gotitdone

Yea, it's for sale for me too... I've bought lots of far left and controversial books from Amazon.. half of Thoms books, a Qua-ran, the apocrapha- books that were denied from the bible.. etc, I honestly don't think they are censoring anything, they will sell anything they can make money on.

makuck's picture
makuck

You guys do know that the UK site "The Book Depository" is generally comparably priced to Amazon, but has free shipping?

Barliman's picture
Barliman

JUST CHECKED THE BOOK DEPOSITORY FOR P&T

"CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE"

buz's picture
buz

What about the Kindle edition? If it's still unavailable, then...

jeremiahf's picture
jeremiahf

Currently Chatting