Funny Text-to-Movie: Privatized Firefighter

6 posts / 0 new

This is a satirical text-to-movie showing how a fire emergency would look if we applied the private healthcare model to fire departments.

Maybe when it comes to getting help in emergencies, we shouldn't let profit incentive lead the discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXLejcCKBc8

LiberalLawStudent's picture
LiberalLawStudent

Comments

Emergencies are very frequently covered free of charge by hospitals to those who have no insturance or means of payment.

Cheesebone's picture
Cheesebone

True, if you call stabilization coverage. If you walk into a hospital and say you have cancer but can't afford treatment, they'll kick you to the curb.

LiberalLawStudent

P.S.

Should hospitals have to foot the bill?

LiberalLawStudent

Well, they do anyway in many cases.

If a hostpital CHOOSES to provide a service to someone free-of-charge, then yes, they are making a decision to "foot the bill".

If I offer to do something as a favor to someone, should I go out and try to find someone else to pay for it?

Cheesebone's picture
Cheesebone

Hey thanks for sharing the vidoe and I had alredy watched in on Youtube. Seems good to me.

curtl's picture
curtl

Currently Chatting

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.