Why did Sarah Palin go to Haiti?

9 posts / 0 new

Why did Sarah Palin go to Haiti?

I know! I know! everybody kept telling her to go to Hades, and she misunderstood!

harry ashburn's picture
harry ashburn

Comments

Maybe to shame the administration for their silence and tacit approval of the completely crooked election that just happened there.

PeeWee Returns's picture
PeeWee Returns

Haiti has the economic model the U.S. is striving for. Nearly no taxation and one of the highest wealth disparities in the world. Government is so weak it can't even crawl into the bathtub to drown.

She wants to find the reasons for Haiti's success in implimenting the preferred U.S. economic model when there is so much resistance to it here.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2
Quote polycarp2:

Haiti has the economic model the U.S. is striving for. Nearly no taxation and one of the highest wealth disparities in the world. Government is so weak it can't even crawl into the bathtub to drown.

She wants to find the reasons for Haiti's success in implimenting the preferred U.S. economic model when there is so much resistance to it here.

Posts like this remind me why I pretty much ignore you. There's no point in even trying to have a dialog with this kind of nonsense.

PeeWee Returns's picture
PeeWee Returns

Note that when Haitian Pres.Aristide went against U.S. economic policy, he was put on a military jet by U.S. marines and whisked off to the Central African Republic,.

Haiti is a basket case.

"The “election” in Haiti shows once again how low Washington’s standards are for democracy in countries that they want to control politically. And there is no doubt who is in charge there. There is a government, to be sure, but since the elected government in 2004 was overthrown, and even more since the earthquake, it is the “international community” that calls the shots – Hillary Clinton’s code for the U.S. State Department."

"The election was a farce to begin with, once the non-independent CEP (Provisional Electoral Council) decided to exclude the country’s largest political party from participating – along with other parties. Fanmi Lavalas is the party of Haiti’s most popular political leader, Jean-Bertrand Aristide. It has won every election that it has contested. Aristide himself remains in exile – unable to return since the U.S.-sponsored overthrow of his government in 2004."

http://www.counterpunch.org/weisbrot12032010.html

The Hatiain economic, soclal and political structure is dictated from Washington. Are you suggesting we are implimenting a model we don't want?.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

She is sharpening her foreign relation credentials. At least one would hope if she actually visits a country, she will FINALLY be able to identify it on a map.

I read she is thinking of visiting Britain. That will be interesting. ;)

meljomur's picture
meljomur

well, when she was advised to visit Wales, she went to Sea World,,,,,

harry ashburn's picture
harry ashburn

When is Obama going to Haiti? When will he speak out against the crook Preval?

PeeWee Returns's picture
PeeWee Returns

well, when she was advised

well, when she was advised to visit Wales, she went to Sea World,,,,,

That was funny. Haiti should be a conservative/libertarian dream. One of the few places with greater inequality and disparity of income than the US.

I try to ignore as much about the Palin cult of personality as I can.

norske's picture
norske

Currently Chatting

The Real Carbon “Monster” Revealed

Another day, another stupid assault on the truth by the fossil fuel industry and its paid lackeys. In a recent op-ed for the New York Post, Tom Harris, the executive director of the so-called International Climate Science Coalition -- an organization that’s funded, in part, by the fossil fuel industry -- blasted Leonardo DiCaprio for his work on “Carbon,” a new documentary on climate change that I helped write and present.