ptsd

2 posts / 0 new

In the continual he said/she said, they're worse, their fault .....on and on, this guy deserves leeway.

If you've been shot twice, witnessed six deaths, a score of shooting casualties, moments earlier been face to face with one now dead, you just might have issues.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

Yesterday I went to a funeral of a Vietnam vet with PTSD. None of us could say what we would become if we'd witnessed those on all sides of us being shot down. The only certainty is that we would not be the same. I'd never judge such a person who'd basically sacrificed his mental security for his country.

The deceased in reference had ups and downs. The sound of a helicopter would trigger a panic attack.

Clearly, someone will have to make a determination as to whether he's a danger but most likely he continues to have counseling from the VA as so many do.

So yeah....some leeway is a great way of putting it. I'd question the sense of balance and proportion of anyone who could not summon up some leeway, particularly those on the right who often claim exclusive rights to the indignation of returning Vietnam vets having been spat upon....not something this liberal would ever had considered doing.

We shouldn't desert those guys...even 40 years later. We should have the humility to even listen to them and consider how this happens. Adding to the political food fight by labeling such a person as liberal without any information is ignorant.

ppatt's picture
ppatt

Currently Chatting

Politifact left the house without their pants on

Liar liar pants on fire…or are they?