The scariest part of the State of the Union ...

1 post / 0 new

... for me was when President Obama lamented the fact that we're educatiing foreign students in our universities only to let them return to their own countries.

Taken literally, I agree with him. I don't thnk we should be educating any foreign students in US universities while American students have a hard time getting in.

But I suspect the president meant it the other way. I think he's starting to pay off his 2008 campaign donors from Silicon Valley and priming the pump for an attempt to raise the cap on the H-1B visa, expand the OPT program, or take a similar action which will hurt American high tech workers and STEM students.

For all the retoric I heard about education last night, if you want more American scientists and engineers, you need to stop atttacking our jobs with outsourcing and worker and student visa programs.

- Mike.

crankyinmv

Currently Chatting

A Warren Run Would Change Everything

Over the past few weeks, Elizabeth Warren has emerged as a leader of progressives on Capitol Hill. She led the charge against the part of the CRomnibus that gutted our financial regulations, and she is still fighting the White House over its nomination of bankster Antonio Weiss as Undersecretary of Domestic Finance in the Treasury Department.