This article got me thinking.......

1 post / 0 new

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-02-21/middle-east-pr...

This article got me thinking about the other major issues the Right says that they care about but never seem willing to back up with action and/or meaningful legislation. I'm thinking of the issues that define the Republican/Tea Party in the eyes of voters.

The first issue that comes to mind is abortion. The Right paid lip service to the evangelical community for 20 years before they finally got everything they wanted; the presidency, senate, congress, AND the supreme court, yet last time I checked, abotion was still legal.

The second issue that comes to mind is fiscal responsibility. Need I say more?

The third is matters of war/national security. And quite frankly, this is the one that really sticks in my craw. How many wars have been won under republican presidential administrations? I count 2, the American Civil War and the Spanish-American War. That's it. Republican presidents are, according to AMERICAN HISTORY anyway, really bad at war. How many times has the U.S. "cut and run" while a republican has been at the helm? I'm thinking Korea, Veitnam, Lebannon. That's just off the top of my head. In fact, Democrats are (unfortunatly) better even at killing innocent civilians than Republicans are. Truman dropped the bomb, but Ike did'nt have the sack to do the same in Korea. Even Obama is dropping in on unsuspecting civilians in Pakistan at a rate that would make W. blush.

seanos's picture
seanos

Currently Chatting

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.