The definition of the word truth

3 posts / 0 new

While I was visiting Vancouver BC recently. I was told that fox news wasn't allowed to broadcast there. This was because they are negociating the definition of the word truth. Apparently trying to change it.

cyurchak's picture
cyurchak

Comments

Fox News won a U.S. court battle over "truth". It seems that in the U.S., news is entertainment and doesn't have to be truthful any more than any other entertainment.

News is on the same playing field as The Simpson's or Desperate Housewives. .Truth is irrelevant to that.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

I think one of the ways they lie is to give the impression of something that is not true.. Another way is they lie on purpose (to sell a related lie), then later say it was an accident.. assuming they retract anything (but dont mention what lie the first lie supported)..

I really do believe someone or a small group skillfully plants the lies.. Why else would big money interests be so eager to control the media? I do not believe this is a conspiracy theory, because we see the lies all the time..

bobbler's picture
bobbler

Latest Headlines

Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?

There were conflicting reports on Sunday regarding a recent proposal for United States-North Korea peace talks which was allegedly made before North Korea"s recent nuclear test

U.K. Pound Falls As Markets Get Brexit Jitters

Bloomberg said on Monday the pound had sustained its biggest fall against the dollar in 11 months

Clinton: I'll defend Israel but push for 'two-state solution

Hillary Clinton believes both Republican candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz "missed the mark" with their approach to the Israel-Palestinian Arab conflict

How Can the GOP Run American Government If They Hate It?

The coal country state of West Virginia is in the middle of a special legislative session to deal with a $270 million budget shortfall, and it's setting the stage for Republicans to completely gut the state's government.

It's the same playbook we've seen the right-wing carry out in Wisconsin, in Kansas, in Michigan, and in Ohio.