The definition of the word truth

3 posts / 0 new

While I was visiting Vancouver BC recently. I was told that fox news wasn't allowed to broadcast there. This was because they are negociating the definition of the word truth. Apparently trying to change it.

cyurchak's picture
cyurchak

Comments

Fox News won a U.S. court battle over "truth". It seems that in the U.S., news is entertainment and doesn't have to be truthful any more than any other entertainment.

News is on the same playing field as The Simpson's or Desperate Housewives. .Truth is irrelevant to that.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

I think one of the ways they lie is to give the impression of something that is not true.. Another way is they lie on purpose (to sell a related lie), then later say it was an accident.. assuming they retract anything (but dont mention what lie the first lie supported)..

I really do believe someone or a small group skillfully plants the lies.. Why else would big money interests be so eager to control the media? I do not believe this is a conspiracy theory, because we see the lies all the time..

bobbler's picture
bobbler

Currently Chatting

Who Should an Economy Serve?

The top one percent own half of all the world's assets. In stark contrast, the bottom fifty percent of the world owns less than one percent. According to the 2014 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse, global inequality has surged since the 2008 financial collapse. The report explains that while global wealth has more than doubled since the year 2000, the vast majority of overall growth has gone to those who were already wealthy.