It's amazing that Fox lets this guy on the air.

8 posts / 0 new

If there is any "balance" to the "Fair & Balanced" slogan from Fox, it's coming from this guy.

I love watching him shred Republicans right on their hometown station. You can almost hear the producers choking in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obP_I1a_6Y4

Cheesebone's picture
Cheesebone

Comments

Juan Williams is also allowed a voice at FOX while he is censored at NPR.

Calperson's picture
Calperson

If a little more time were spent seeing or reading what actually goes on at FOX instead of the kneejerk vitriol, perhaps clear thinking people may understand why they are the most watched news channel.

To a more interesting point... The Judge in the video clip is giving his conservative opinion on the Patriot Act, and many might notice how much it is in lock step with liberal opinion. This is clearly a situation where liberals and conservatives share common ground, but the establishment political parties just don't care what we think.

Paleo-con

Strawman Liberal, would be my guess.. Given FOX's track record of one sided reporting, I do not doubt for a minute they have a plan to continue in this direction (if this werwe a horse race, I would know which way to bet).. Obviously not everything FOX NEWS says is a lie, rather they sprinkle them in; funded by big business, obviously calculated to affect votes.. Giving this person some respect, so when they need to tell a whopper of a lie, they will pull him out of their "lie" took box, to try and make important lies stick..

bobbler's picture
bobbler

bobbler, then you would guess wrong. This is what I mean by making judgements on what is heard from others rather that what is actually heard on Fox. The guy in the video clip is hardly a liberal that is pulled out once in a while. The Judge is a devout conservative who is a regular opinion giver throught the day, he even has his own conservative opinion show. Is it really that painful to admit that conservatives and liberals can have common ground?

Paleo-con

He is also speaking from one perspective in a turf war. He is judicial, and they often hurl at the legislative. He was however defending expansion of executive power back in W's terms. I don't remember him being critical of the constitutional abuse that was quite apparent in the past, he may have been, but I don't remember. The abuse in 'citizens v us' didn't seem to bother him.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

btw, he is right. I have even agreed with some of Reagan's perspective

In fact, Reagan was terrified of war. He took office eager to vanquish Nicaragua's Sandinista government and its rebel allies in El Salvador, both of which were backed by Cuba and the Soviet Union. But at an early meeting, when Secretary of State Alexander Haig suggested that achieving this goal might require bombing Cuba, the suggestion "scared the shit out of Ronald Reagan," according to White House aide Michael Deaver. Haig was marginalized, then resigned, and Reagan never seriously considered sending U.S. troops south of the border, despite demands from conservative intellectuals like Norman Podhoretz and William F. Buckley. "Those sons of bitches won't be happy until we have 25,000 troops in Managua," Reagan told chief of staff Kenneth Duberstein near the end of his presidency, "and I'm not going to do it."

Nicaragua and El Salvador weren't the only places where Reagan proved squeamish about using military force. In February 1988, federal courts in Florida indicted Panamanian strongman Manuel Noriega for drug smuggling. With the U.S. media in a frenzy over drug addiction and Noriega virtually imprisoning Panama's elected president, Assistant Secretary of State Elliott Abrams -- backed by his boss, George Shultz -- began pushing for a U.S. invasion. Reagan refused and instead tried to convince Noriega to relinquish power in return for having the charges dropped. When the deal fell through, Abrams redoubled his push for war. Reagan, however, adamantly rejected any action that would require him to "start counting up the bodies." It was left to his supposedly "wimpy" successor, George H.W. Bush, to depose Noriega with 27,000 U.S. troops.

Even W said one thing I agreed with, I think it was more of a broken clock being right than any actual thougt process.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Did FOX change its stripes? You are correct; I dont watch it anymore.. I believe "real" liberals and conservatives have things things in common.. But FOX NEWS is corporate propaganda (simply put), taht has little to do with real liberals and conservatives..

FOX NEWS is called FAUX NEWS for a reason.. Yes, FOX NEWS tells the truth, but they mix in BS.. This is exactly the same as when you give children medicine, and you mix it with something that tastes good to fool them (maybe thats why they have the cute newscasters, LOL I remember they always found a way to show some skin)..

I am sticking with my guess, unless someone can tell me why after all these years of lying, the FOX would suddenly change its stripes.. Fool me once.. .. ..

but FOX NEWS is another story all together..

Quote Paleo-con:

bobbler, then you would guess wrong. This is what I mean by making judgements on what is heard from others rather that what is actually heard on Fox. The guy in the video clip is hardly a liberal that is pulled out once in a while. The Judge is a devout conservative who is a regular opinion giver throught the day, he even has his own conservative opinion show. Is it really that painful to admit that conservatives and liberals can have common ground?

bobbler's picture
bobbler

Currently Chatting

Largest Climate March Ever!

On Sunday, the world's largest climate march took over New York City. In addition to the 400,000 people who showed up to demand change in the Big Apple, hundreds of thousands more joined events in at least 156 counties. From London to Rio to Melbourne to New York, people around the world joined together to demand action on climate change.