Libya v. Egypt and the use of arms

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

1 post / 0 new

Just wanted to post my comment in response to the statement that Thom (on his radio show) made a week or two ago regarding the Second Amendment and defense of liberty. He stated that since Egypt's government fell without force of arms, it was further proof that the argument of the right to keep and bear arms to have for use (if needed) against an oppressive government was without any basis, since they weren't needed against Mubarek.

I would offer that the events in Libya offer just as compelling an argument FOR the right to keep and bear arms for that purpose. Thom's argument is not always the way to go. Every revolution is different. But I would rather have the arms in reserve (in case the non-violent struggle does not work) than none at all.

atty1chgo's picture
atty1chgo

Wage Hating Burger Czar As Labor Secretary?

In just a two hour span, Donald Trump has completely exposed his whole "I love the workers" routine as just another classic Trump scam.

It all began, where else, on Twitter, where on Wednesday night, Trump went after Chuck Jones, the local union president for the factory at the center of his Carrier deal.