Middle East unrest according to Glenn Beck and friends

5 posts / 0 new

I have no real comment to this, except it does baffle (and embarrass) me that even one American (let alone millions) take these nutters seriously.

If ever there was a profound argument for bringing back critical thinking to the American educational system, this should be it.

Seriously radical Islam and the evil Marxists are going to take over the world... (coo-coo, coo-coo, coo-coo)!

meljomur's picture
meljomur

Comments

No the right wing talkers haven't been quiet. It's just many people don't want you to pay attention to them, because they come out sounding so bat s**t crazy.

However, overall I wish Americans would quit thinking the rest of the world wants them to dictate who rules over them. It's not only arrogant, it's ignorant (and sometimes I don't think the nutty right are the only ones at fault).

meljomur's picture
meljomur

I know for a fact they are not the only ones. A usually liberal guy at work was saying it's OK basically to control their leadership decisions...to buy their leaders. Would we...ahem...DO we like having our leaders bought? It's interesting how much American democracy resembles Tyranny for others.

D_NATURED's picture
D_NATURED

Yes, but do millions of people listen to your "liberal" co-worker?

I do agree, it isn't just Glenn Beck who is afraid of the Arabs having a REAL democracy. I guess its just his special brand of crazy which so many Americans take as "gospel" that I find a bit pathetic.

meljomur's picture
meljomur

Glenn beck and his followers are driven by fear. They are the weak and the ethnocentric angry anglos. The gun-totin' trailer trash that comprise a surprisingly large percentage of the Republican voting block. Without them, the republican party would just be a bunch of upper middle class people angrily decrying the treatment of the few rich their policies benefit. Nobody would listen.

D_NATURED's picture
D_NATURED

Currently Chatting

A Warren Run Would Change Everything

Over the past few weeks, Elizabeth Warren has emerged as a leader of progressives on Capitol Hill. She led the charge against the part of the CRomnibus that gutted our financial regulations, and she is still fighting the White House over its nomination of bankster Antonio Weiss as Undersecretary of Domestic Finance in the Treasury Department.