pod casts

4 posts / 0 new

Just signed up as a member. I have enjoyed the radio show for at least 2 years (thank you WCPT out of Chicago.) I wanna purchase pod casts. What is the difference between the audio pod casts and the video pod casts? Are the pod casts a downloadable copy of the radio/tv show? Um,..I'd mostly be interested in audo, because I would listen to them to and from work and while relaxing before bed. I use the info I get from the show to fight the ignorance and misinformation I run into at work...My wife said at our house, Sean Hannity is a "no watch zone." "Stop yelling at the TV. You're scaring the dog.".

just a blue collar liberal's picture
just a blue col...

Comments

Hi

The audio podcasts are split in to three separate files, one for each hour of the show.

You can listen to the audio either by clicking on individual files on the website, or setting up via iTunes or Stitcher on an iPhone.

Video is a single file of edited content, which lasts 30-50 minutes a day. Video goes via iTunes.

Best

-Nigel- Webmaster

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Nigel, thank you for your immediate response...much appreciated.

Now, if I purchase the audio podcasts, do I NEED to have an IPod, or can I download these to my Sansa Fuze, from my PC, to listen to at my liesure? And I would do this using ITunes? Sorry, I'm pretty much ignorant when it comes to stuff like this..my computer expertise ends somewhere after, "honey, what's wrong with this thing now?"

The yarly subscription is a heck of a deal.

Thanks

Dave

just a blue collar liberal's picture
just a blue col...

Hi Dave

You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcasts.

A free download of iTunes will work for you. There is a little setting up to do in iTunes and we have some guidelines for that. We don't "push out" the podcasts, they are "pulled in" by whatever software you use. I don't know the Sansa Fuze, so can't help there.

Also, you have the option to listen to individual podcasts by signing in to the website and listening there. This will depend on what software you have on your computer, but Windows media should work fine.

Best wishes.

-Nigel- Webmaster

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Currently Chatting

A Rising Tide Only Lifts All Boats When Everyone Has a Boat.

President John F. Kennedy once said about economic development that “a rising tide lifts all boats.” Kennedy was, of course, right, but he missed something really, really important: A rising tide lifts only lifts all boats when everyone has a boat.